Alaska dirt bike tours

Anybody think if I started a business guiding people from 1-7 day trips all over Alaska on dirtbikes single track, two track and fire roads, there would be a demand for that type of thing?

I'd do it.

Where in the AK are you?

• Like 1

Its hard to say. Where in Alaska do you live? Do alot of tourist go there?

If you lived somewhere where tourist visit and you provided all of the equipment I think it could be very sucessful. You have to be careful with things like that though. Make sure you have them sign wavors (you might should talk to a lawyer). You wouldn't want someone on your tour to get seriously hurt and then they say it was your fault.

Edited by GaDRZ400sMan
  • Like 1

Sounds a lot like the various Baja Tour rides. Bring your own bike or they provide the bikes! Would require some overhead as you would need good reliable bikes to rent out and the support back up to work with them. Also some small supply of misc. parts for clients bikes, chains/tires/tubes/headlight bulbs/grips/bars etc..

Having a certified medical person on the team would be a real plus. Kind of hard to say you would give tours ALL OVER Alaska, big place. Probably more tourism in the region between Anchorage and Fairbanks and along the southern coast. Also longer summers down there for more riding season.

Check with the Baja Tours guys and see what advice they can/will give to you. They might also be able to help with some referrals of clients that like that kind of vacation riding!

Swiss

Would certainly need to verify that the National Park trails are authorized for motorized riding!

• Like 1

I'd definitely be in as a customer and not to kill the dream here but its possible you could get blow-back from the tree huggin hippies who may try blocking the matter citing "environmental issues" just like the oil drilling issues that were a hot debate not to long ago. May also run into some issues with the Native American wanting a cut of the pie because riders may be going through their hunting grounds /reservation land. Another issue would be chase / support vehicles....I don't think there are many roads there and that is why stuff is flown into locations by back country pilots. I am sure there could be some other pitfalls, but if you can overcome these, market it right it would be kick ass! As I said, I'd certainly be a customer.

• Like 1

I live in Fairbanks, but if I became familiar with day loops from anchorage to fairbanks I could create trail networks all the way to the north slope, I'll be retired from the military in a few years and would love to open an adventure business like that I am familiar with triaging injuries and could partner with local bread and breakfast for lodging or go with a tent and get the wife to run the support truck. Lots to think about but if done right could attract adventure and enduro riders galore, we can ride dirt bikes into most towns up here no issues.

Just my $.02, but if I were paying for a guided ride, especially somewhere like Alaska, I'd be upset if I could only see 10' at a time.

It's a cool trail and all, and I realize that its only a 15 minute example, but if you go through with it be sure to make your routes good for photo ops and sight seeing as well.

• Like 1

Just my $.02, but if I were paying for a guided ride, especially somewhere like Alaska, I'd be upset if I could only see 10' at a time.

It's a cool trail and all, and I realize that its only a 15 minute example, but if you go through with it be sure to make your routes good for photo ops and sight seeing as well.

I agree more scenic venues would be required

I would do it, but the problem with these types of tours is your target market is pretty small. However, what I've learned about business is that everyone will tell you it wont work. Give it a shot. You'll never know until you try, and you'll hate yourself if someone else starts up a business like this that's successful. I've had this happen to me many times. So go for it!

• Like 1

I think it is a good idea. But I wouldn't pay to ride that. No ofense meant. I would look for some more scenic places. Good luck

I know this is just by myself I would takes people up in mountains near Denali and near caribou herds and the Alaskan pipeline