• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

NEW SITE FEATURE   09/19/2017

Checkout the ThumperTalk Photo Gallery! Share a single photo, create your own album, or just checkout what others have shared.

8,955 posts in this topic

What a dip shit... K*&^%) IS... :devil: Thats just me....

Edited by gottaRideNow

Should a crank be still after a rebuild?? (Old crank, roughly 60 hours on it)

Yes alway still, u don't want the crank moving

It sould still move ..That fiddle guy dont know...

Sorry, damn iPad, I meant to say stiff, it's quite stiff, hard to rotate the rod by hand... Crank IS centered in the cases within probably a millimetre or so,

If you need real info try another thread... :devil: I just wanted to know what people are thinking... :ride:

Sorry, damn iPad, I meant to say stiff, it's quite stiff, hard to rotate the rod by hand... Crank IS centered in the cases within probably a millimetre or so,

You have something wrong, it should spin freely

1 person likes this

You have something wrong, it should spin freely

But what? The crank is centered (unless it has to be centered within a couple thousandths) and I didn't put the cases together, a local mechanic who has a fair bit of experience with dirt bike engines did it... Bikes a 2005 YZ125

If you need real info try another thread... :devil: I just wanted to know what people are thinking... :ride:

But piggybacking off someone else's thread success is so much better!!!

1 person likes this

Why where the cases split, crank bearings or what? Is it in gear? Lol

The faulty shift stopper broke and took out a couple bearings, push rod and got mashed up in the gears..

All case bearings, and broken parts replaced, parts got meticulously cleaned by me in about 3 Varsol baths..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By sportsgirl0017
      Newly single, and am finding that everyone to hang out with is either married with kids - no free time, - or not interested in the same stuff. 
      I really would like to get out for some throttle therapy with people who are single track types and can have a beer or two. Maybe even single! Ha.
      I work in Susanville CA, but live in Cedar City, UT. I'm gone a lot of the time, but if someone's already riding and I can tag along that's ideal.
      Arizona, NM, Utah, Nevada, and NorCal are all places I'm willing to travel. I'm self sufficient so I don't need a babysitter, just some bros/broettes to ride with.  
      My skill level would probably rate as intermediate, though its been over a year since I got some good roost time in. I've never ridden tracks really, but I'd be interested in trying.

• By Black Mesa Offroad
      Suspension setup for a 240-250 lb rider. Extra tall Guts seat foam and gripper seat cover. Garage kept, tires are in good condition. Honda power up kit adds about 10 more horsepower. The bike is not street legal in California. 

$3000 or best offer
    • By digitalzombie
      Hello, I am looking for people to go on off road rides with. So far been to Azusa Cyn OHV and Gorman. Would prefer a little less sand a bit more green and not too far, like a day trip. What are our options?
    • By etnovass
      a new guy here, im new to California riding. just moved here from Florida. im taking the family to jawbone this weekend with their quads. looking for any advice anyone might have. my kids are 6 and 8 so im looking for a place that is kid friendly. ill be out there Friday night though Sunday so if anyones going to be out there hit me up.  
    • By akitsen
      For Sale:
      Year: 2015
      Make: Suzuki
      Model: DR650 (650cc)
      Odometer: 3,700 miles (Will keep odometer reading up to date as I use this bike regularly)
      Tires: Brand New(less than 100miles on them, you can see the new tire hairs on the tread)
      Title: Clean (in hand, and in my name)
      Price: $5100 OBO.
      - No test rides without cash in hard and a valid motorcycle license. I can provide a helmet for testing purposes. 
      Comes with:
      - Original Suzuki owners manuals
      - Maintenance records from me and previous owner.

Maintenance:
      - Bike runs perfectly and has always had its service done at Precision Motorcycles in Goleta.
      - Oil changed at 2,900 miles (Castrol 4T 10w40 Synthetic & Suzuki Oil Filter)
      - Chain regularly cleaned and lubed.
      - Air Filter cleaned and oiled every oil change.

Reason for Sale: Moving from Santa Barbara.
      Contact Info: Andrey (559) 3 four six - nine 6 two six (text message preferred prior to phone call)