• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

VIDEO RIDING TIP!   11/15/2017

How to ride rutted corners with Garrahan Off-Road Training

9,015 posts in this topic

What a dip shit... K*&^%) IS... :devil: Thats just me....

Edited by gottaRideNow

Should a crank be still after a rebuild?? (Old crank, roughly 60 hours on it)

Yes alway still, u don't want the crank moving

It sould still move ..That fiddle guy dont know...

Sorry, damn iPad, I meant to say stiff, it's quite stiff, hard to rotate the rod by hand... Crank IS centered in the cases within probably a millimetre or so,

If you need real info try another thread... :devil: I just wanted to know what people are thinking... :ride:

Sorry, damn iPad, I meant to say stiff, it's quite stiff, hard to rotate the rod by hand... Crank IS centered in the cases within probably a millimetre or so,

You have something wrong, it should spin freely

1 person likes this

You have something wrong, it should spin freely

But what? The crank is centered (unless it has to be centered within a couple thousandths) and I didn't put the cases together, a local mechanic who has a fair bit of experience with dirt bike engines did it... Bikes a 2005 YZ125

If you need real info try another thread... :devil: I just wanted to know what people are thinking... :ride:

But piggybacking off someone else's thread success is so much better!!!

1 person likes this

Why where the cases split, crank bearings or what? Is it in gear? Lol

The faulty shift stopper broke and took out a couple bearings, push rod and got mashed up in the gears..

All case bearings, and broken parts replaced, parts got meticulously cleaned by me in about 3 Varsol baths..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By nluni0330
      I am selling my California Plated YZ426F. This bike is very rare because there are not many CA plated YZ426F's and it is in great condition. The bike has been garaged and well maintained. The bike was just serviced and completely gone through. White Brothers Exhaust/spark arrester, Pro Taper handle bars, steering stabilizer.

New kickstand, new graphics, new fenders, new LED headlight and turn signals. Front and rear shocks have been serviced by ESP. The bike starts right up and runs well. I have a desert tank, paddle tire, stator, turn signals and other original parts I will include with this purchase. Title in hand. Best way to reach me is by email. Second best way is by text. $3400 OBO
    • By havaride

I'm heading to Pismo beach this thanksgiving and plan on riding Friday 11/24 & Saturday 11/25. Looking to stage @ Turkey flats Friday morning. I was hoping that someone has some gps routes they could message me, it'll save me time bouncing around trying to find the good stuff. I rode here years back and it kicked my@ss. Thinking redemption is needed. Thanks.
    • By MXT
      While doing some browsing/research about various models, I noticed that there are no longer any green sticker 450's for the 2018 model year of all the manufacturers (at least according to https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/ofhrv/ofmcatv_comply/2018/2018.php)
      While I'm sure KTM/Husqvarna will come out with their 450 EXC's that are green stickered in the US, I still question the lack of green sticker 450's from the Japanese manufacturers.
      Was there some sort of regulatory change or did the manufacturers just decide to pull the 2018 green stickers for some secret reason we don't know about? One of the biggest selling points of the WR450F in CA was the fact that it's green sticker, and now that they're no longer green sticker there really is no incentive to pick one up anymore.
      Does this have something to do with the sunset of the red sticker program? Is this actually going to happen? https://www.arb.ca.gov/board/books/2017/062217/17-6-3pres.pdf
    • By sportsgirl0017
      Newly single, and am finding that everyone to hang out with is either married with kids - no free time, - or not interested in the same stuff. 
      I really would like to get out for some throttle therapy with people who are single track types and can have a beer or two. Maybe even single! Ha.
      I work in Susanville CA, but live in Cedar City, UT. I'm gone a lot of the time, but if someone's already riding and I can tag along that's ideal.
      Arizona, NM, Utah, Nevada, and NorCal are all places I'm willing to travel. I'm self sufficient so I don't need a babysitter, just some bros/broettes to ride with.  
      My skill level would probably rate as intermediate, though its been over a year since I got some good roost time in. I've never ridden tracks really, but I'd be interested in trying.

• By Black Mesa Offroad
      Suspension setup for a 240-250 lb rider. Extra tall Guts seat foam and gripper seat cover. Garage kept, tires are in good condition. Honda power up kit adds about 10 more horsepower. The bike is not street legal in California. 

$3000 or best offer