Sign in to follow this  

Girlfriends 2007 TE250 needs help

She dropped it on a rock...punctured the right side case, and didn't notice. Picked it up and continued riding, until it stopped.

We got it home, pulled the valve cover off and no bluing, no galling, all looks good in the top. Lookin at the barrel there's a 2-3mm strip of aluminum on the intake side, the rest of the cylinder looks good, and I'm pretty sure I can scotchbrite it clean.

Crank seems solid and I think I'm gonna go with it as is.

The valves are OEM original, sprayed some cleaner in the holes and they leaked out quick. I'm planning to replace piston/rings/valves, clean up the barrel and put it back together.

Here is where I need help...I don't have a manual, and I don't see any markings on the piston to tell me if it's an A-B-C. Not sure what the numbers should be if I mic it. Not sure what to order? :excuseme:

Also, not sure what the hot setup for longevity with this valvetrain is? According to my magnet, I would suspect the intakes are titanium and the exhaust are steel. Looking for a source and a plan to obtain necessary components and machine work. Any thoughts greatly appreciated....first Husky I've had to source parts for

She dropped it on a rock...punctured the right side case, and didn't notice. Picked it up and continued riding, until it stopped.

We got it home, pulled the valve cover off and no bluing, no galling, all looks good in the top. Lookin at the barrel there's a 2-3mm strip of aluminum on the intake side, the rest of the cylinder looks good, and I'm pretty sure I can scotchbrite it clean.

Crank seems solid and I think I'm gonna go with it as is.

The valves are OEM original, sprayed some cleaner in the holes and they leaked out quick. I'm planning to replace piston/rings/valves, clean up the barrel and put it back together.

Here is where I need help...I don't have a manual, and I don't see any markings on the piston to tell me if it's an A-B-C. Not sure what the numbers should be if I mic it. Not sure what to order? :excuseme:

Also, not sure what the hot setup for longevity with this valvetrain is? According to my magnet, I would suspect the intakes are titanium and the exhaust are steel. Looking for a source and a plan to obtain necessary components and machine work. Any thoughts greatly appreciated....first Husky I've had to source parts for

Damn son. I think they went stainless steel for all 4 valves in 2009, so valves from that head would probably last the longest. (in 2010 the 250 went to the era engine of your 310) Here's a link to a pdf manual

http://www.husqvarna-motorcyclesna.com/admin/manual/16.pdf

• Like 1

tasky's and bills are you NW parts source, both great dealers....