Battery Power in enclosed trailer

Hey everyone! over the last couple weeks Ive been reading the trailer threads and we sure have some craftsmen here! My brother and I have been renovating our 6x10. We replalces all the plywood, put down some peel and stick checkered flag tile, recessed D rings, a cabinet and some track for hooks and baskets. Its coming along pretty good but I have some questions about getting power in the trailer. We're going for basic. I just want one quad receptacle and a switch for one, maybe two fluorescent lights. I would like to do it all for 110v. We dont have a genny and dont think I need one. We really dont do many over nighters. Id only use the receptacle for charging phones and tool batteries, using a job site radio, and maybe a fan.

I've read through a few guys' builds here. One in particular mentioned how with one 125ah deep cycle battery he was able to power a small fridge for 14 hours which I thought was impressive. Im stuck on the supply wiring end of things. I dont quite understand how to wire the charger/inverter to the battery. I dont know if I should look for a combo unit or separate for service/replacement. For my needs Im not sure if Im better off with a solar panel to charge or just a hub to plug into the house the day before going out. If i went solar would it be smart to switch the power from solar to batt so I dont over charge. If anyone has any suggestions for which method to use and which product Id really appreciate it. Im really stuck on the charging and inverting part of the whole thing.

image (7).jpeg

image.jpeg

image (5).jpeg

I saw this D ring with turn buckle set up at the track once and thought it was brilliant and now we dont need tie downs anymore. we quickly filled up our hooks so we're going to add another section of track for more.

3000 watt power invertor with two red top optima's with 4Ga wire should handle even power tools. You can do a 1amp maintenance charger for when the retailer sites. I installed an alarm system on a trailer before and wired it to the alternator with a plug to disconnect from the trailer, that way if you do a weekend trip.

3000 watt power invertor with two red top optima's with 4Ga wire should handle even power tools. You can do a 1amp maintenance charger for when the retailer sites. I installed an alarm system on a trailer before and wired it to the alternator with a plug to disconnect from the trailer, that way if you do a weekend trip.

Can the trailer light circuit fuse from the truck handle the additional load of charging the batteries? I like the alarm idea especially with all the recent thefts in my area. What did you use for an alarm? A residential one like a vista 20 seems like overkill but not a bad idea.

Not to many people have success with peel and stick tile. A solid sheet would have served you better. The floor will be very slick when wet too. You should get instructions with your inverter on wiring it.

I used a automotive alarm. On the power I ran 8Ga power from the front truck battery. you can ground the negative plug wire to the truck frame. I used a 8ga quick disconnect plug's from a welding shop. What state are you in?

Marquez: yea I'm finding out the peel and stick floor really sux. I've already pulled up every tile and re glued them and some are peeling up again! I bought enough to do the floor twice they were really cheap and now I see why. A lot of the lines didn't line up even thought I was sure to lay them all the same direction.

Jed: I'm in nj. I appreciate your feed back all good methods. I usually go to a track a half hour away so I might be better off charging it from 110v from the house. Car alarm is good. Didn't even cross my mind.