Changing the water pump impeller on 2013 450sxf

Hi guys I have got the water pump housing extension and larger impeller that's in the Power parts book, before I set about fitting it I wondered if there is anyone out there can tell me what the job entails to remove the standard impeller. Is it just a press fit? do I need to remove the shaft? do I need a new seal before I start the job?

2013 SXF 450

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I looked through the 2012 and 2013 PP catalogs and the only water pump upgrade i found was for the older bikes...

Whats the PN of the part you have

This is the kit I've fitted, its made by a company called "Slipstream" a chap in the Netherlands is selling them on eBay.

Hohes Volumen Wasser pumpen Kit 2009-2013 KTM SXF 450 / 2010 2011 2012 Pumpe

http://bit.ly/12vlHJi

Fitted it today and is perfect fit and real easy. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368643098.857893.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368643119.123399.jpg

Wow, looks like i am going to order one as well

Nice. Any word on how it performs?

I will be riding on Saturday so I will let you know how it goes.. It can only help I'm sure and looks a little bit trick..

I made a little heat sink to fit in the hose too, ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368720050.838204.jpg

I've made loads of these over the years and they do make a fair bit of difference.. I am going to make another with slightly larger fins. I made this one out of a piece of scrap alloy I had laying around..

I like your heat sink idea, how long is it?

Is that the p40 warhawk sticker kit i see on your bike?

Edited by Naf

It's about 2 n half inches long, I will put the exact measurements up on here when I make another and a photo of it before its fitted.

And yea it's the P40 sticker kit.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368773781.825187.jpg

One of the best kits out I reckon, as its not plastered with loads of manufacturers logos..

I love it, will see if i can score plastics for my bike. So i can keep my dungey graphics