Sign in to follow this  

rpm has a flat spot

HI all, im new to the drz camp, i just got a 2013 sm and befor i even riden it , i put the yousih full 3x3 mod and jd kit per instructions , everthing is great , the bottom has nice rip but it seems to fall flat (backs up ) in the mid and slowly comes back in the top.. and ideas?.

i went with the 25 pilot 150 main blue needle clip in the 3rd spot And fuel mixture is 2 1/2 out... a K&n filter also..

can someone point me in the right direction i can do all the work , just dont want to change the wrong thing when someone could just say it the main , or the mixture screw, so on ,,, Thanks in advance ..BBrraappp!!

I`ll post pic soon,, oh yea im at see level ..

Edited by Daniel White

160 main jet blue needle 3rd clip if your not way over sea level, works fine for me, I tried 155 main jet 1st & felt kinda like you're sayin but the 160 made it perfect

I'm also running the 160 jet with a similar setup. I found the fuel screw for me was better between 2.6 - 2.7 turns out (depending on the weather).

Thats what i was thinkung, the jd kit said use what im useing , and the youshi kit said use the 160 so i went in between.. Thanks for the quick response!! Cheers

Thats what i was thinkung, the jd kit said use what im useing , and the youshi kit said use the 160 so i went in between.. Thanks for the quick response!! Cheers

So just to confirm....you are running an open Full Yoshi pipe?????

I just talked to JD jetting and thats what they said to me ,, drop the clip and turn the a/s out 2 3/4 turns.. and aslo they said if the top isn`t waht i want they will send me a few more larger main jet to gat a little more on top.. Thanks everyone for the help.. Happy Trails..

Use 160 main jet and blue needle clip #4 for open pipe.

2.75 turns on the fuel screw.

Thanks Craigo ,, Cheers!! Edited by fullytwisted

mines a similer set up & u got me wondering now where you said JD would send a bigger jet for more on top, does or has anyone else used a bigger than 160 & what the differences low mid & top?? is it worth doing is what I wanna know??? anyone please

mines a similer set up & u got me wondering now where you said JD would send a bigger jet for more on top, does or has anyone else used a bigger than 160 & what the differences low mid & top?? is it worth doing is what I wanna know??? anyone please

You will only ever need a larger than 160 main jet if you have an airbox opening bigger than 3x3 or if you have a stroker engine...

You will only ever need a larger than 160 main jet if you have an airbox opening bigger than 3x3 or if you have a stroker engine...

is it worth openin the airbox more & fittng a larger jet without a stroker or is there not enough difference to justify doin it? I would of thought I'd have seen it said before if it made much difference?? What I really should & wanna do is get an FCR39 but its too much for me to afford atm :cry:

is it worth openin the airbox more & fittng a larger jet without a stroker or is there not enough difference to justify doin it? I would of thought I'd have seen it said before if it made much difference?? What I really should & wanna do is get an FCR39 but its too much for me to afford atm :cry:

I won't perform any better.....Keep saving ...lol

• Like 1

i just put a 165 in and it just pulls a bit harder on the top.. i like it..

• Like 1

i just put a 165 in and it just pulls a bit harder on the top.. i like it..

thats where mine needs a bit of help, low & mid range is perfect & thats where i use it mostly, its another gear it needs really but every1 (apart from suzuki) knows that