Gas Tank Graphics Bubbling

The graphics on my gas tank are bubbling, I'm sure it's from gas vapors leaking through the plastic tank :( Some of the bubbles are pretty big...up to 1.5" in diameter. And now the entire graphic is able to slide around on the tank if I push it around, as if the glue has broken down

Can I cut slits into the graphics to allow the gas to escape, and will this allow the glue to re-dry? ....or are my graphics screwed?

Most graphics already have some type of venting in them to allow the fumes to escape. If yours don't, you can try to cut slits in to press the air/fumes out and re-apply graphic. You will likely have to continue doing it. I have found as long as no dirt or cleaning solvents have gotten in, the graphic will stick okay. If it doesn't try some 3M Super 77. it seems to work okay, but isn't a permanent fix either. Fuel/plastic/graphics just don't seem to get along for too long a time frame.

I'm experiencing this right now with the graphics on my bike too. They're new, and yes vented. Very vented. I sent an email off to the company who did the graphics, and am still waiting on a reply. I have bought other graphics in the past, and have not experienced the bubbling. One set of graphics lasted 3 seasons without 1 single bubble on the tank. Some companies obviously use better glue than others, so that is the problem. You can do all the slicing, heating, squeezing the air out you want, and the bubbles will just keep coming back! If your graphics are new, like mine, give the company a chance to come good on them. If they dont come clean, look under the other thread here, and buy yourself some from a company with a good report,and give the company with the bad graphics a poor report, to save others from wasting money

I'm experiencing this right now with the graphics on my bike too. They're new, and yes vented. Very vented. I sent an email off to the company who did the graphics, and am still waiting on a reply. I have bought other graphics in the past, and have not experienced the bubbling. One set of graphics lasted 3 seasons without 1 single bubble on the tank. Some companies obviously use better glue than others, so that is the problem. You can do all the slicing, heating, squeezing the air out you want, and the bubbles will just keep coming back! If your graphics are new, like mine, give the company a chance to come good on them. If they dont come clean, look under the other thread here, and buy yourself some from a company with a good report,and give the company with the bad graphics a poor report, to save others from wasting money

mine are old graphics, unknown age though as I bought the bike last summer. they came from 'motografix.com' or something like that.

I don't know if it's my clarke oversized tank or not either - maybe they're more susceptible to leaking gas vapors than stock tanks?

Just for EVERYONES knowledge I put oemsuzuki graphics on my pe175 tank after the stockers went to heaven. New stickers lasted 1 week before they started bubbling, so theres many factors involved. I also used to put wd40/armor all on my bikes to make em shine. Bad idea

When installing the graphics, use some type of industrial adhesive, that's what I heard

A pin works great for popping them. You can't even see the hole after a few rides too.