Sign in to follow this  

What's my bike worth?

I have a 03 cr85 big wheel and I just put it on the local classifieds and on Craigslist.. Here's what my add says along with a pic

"For Sale: This 2003 Honda CR85r has a brand new motor. (Crank, piston,rings,rod all gaskets,seals and bearings) it has approximately 8 hours on. The full rebuild. It also has a brand new air filter, rear wheel, rear brakes, rear/front wheel bearings, rear tire, clutch cable, hand grips, donuts, renthal bars, jets, reeds, chain and sprockets, front tube. And other stuff it has newer front brakes and tire. It has a full pro circuit pipe and black plastics with an AMR racing graphics kit and an N-STYLE seat. The bike comes with another rear tire and rear wheel and chain an sprockets and clutch cable. Front and back tube and a Honda seat and a FMF fatty pipe. This bike needs nothing! It runs great it starts first kick every time and runs like a top. Very snappy little bike. The pic is older so it doesn't show a few other things that are on it. so call or text i can send more pics!

Make an offer. Ill trade for another bike or sell. Thanks for looking. " also has my cell number!

Now I've had 3 offers on it already as its been on for not quit an hour yet. now I was think 1500 obo cuz that's what there going for around we're I live but idk wat is a fair price for me an the buyer.. Anything helps! Thanks

Put it up a little high and if you dont get calls drop it a little. 1500 sounds pretty fair for how much work is in it

Any early 2000's mini around here goes for around 1000-1100.

• Like 1

Ok well around we're I live people are asking 1500 for a 02rm 80 that's bone stock and 1100 for a 93 cr80 and 1500 for all early 2000's minis. So should I take any lower than 1500 or just take 1500?

It doesn't matter what other people are "asking" for their bike, it's all about what they're worth. You could thereotically ask $5000 and put it up, same thing. Honestly though, I'd keep it at 1500, put obo and be flexible. If someone shows up with cash and is willing to offer you something you feel comfortable taking, do it. $1200 or so is a fair price, if you get that you're not doing too bad.

It doesn't matter what other people are "asking" for their bike, it's all about what they're worth. You could thereotically ask $5000 and put it up, same thing. Honestly though, I'd keep it at 1500, put obo and be flexible. If someone shows up with cash and is willing to offer you something you feel comfortable taking, do it. $1200 or so is a fair price, if you get that you're not doing too bad.

Okay thanks!

For a 10yr old bike!

With almost all new parts?! Yes!

Performing maintenance? Yea people Ik always get new handlebars and graphics for maintenance.

Well, it's not an investment to personalize a bike. So why else spend the money unless it needs it?

Well, it's not an investment to personalize a bike. So why else spend the money unless it needs it?

It's an investment to get stronger then stock parts so if by chance you wreck the bike you're parts have a better chance of withstanding the crash.

Getting aftermarket parts is a personal preference. What has value to you, has none to someone else. Most people find more value in a bike that is stock. There is no investment either way. You will not get your money back because you spent money on "better" parts. At the end of the day, it is still a 10 year old mini bike.

Edited by KcDavis
  • Like 1

Yes and I won't argue with you there because you are correct. But on the other hand the majority of people would rather buy a bike for 1500 when that bike has over 1500 in aftermarkets alone. Let alone new parts (nearly 700)

Yes and I won't argue with you there because you are correct. But on the other hand the majority of people would rather buy a bike for 1500 when that bike has over 1500 in aftermarkets alone. Let alone new parts (nearly 700)

No, its the exact opposite. Most would rather buy a completely stock clean bike....

• Like 2