Sign in to follow this  

Yz450 shock exchange stack

Does anyone have/ know where to find stock hs adj stack for 2010 yz450? Any help us appreciated

I've found it a couple times on here by searching a bit. Try the valve stack index and look through all the YZ/YZF links.

Want to say it's:

Basically, you're right. The stock stack is as follows:

21.5 x .15 x 18.5 (Bellville washer)

21.5 x .80 x 18.5 (Valve seating shim)

18 x .30 x 6 (first shim of valve stack)

18 x .30 x 6

16 x 30 x 6

16 x .30 x 6

11 x .30 x 6

11 x .30 x 6

9 x .25 x 6

9 x .25 x 6

9 x .25 x 6

Thank you both. I had an spi setup and I couldnt find my paper where I wrote the stock one down. I want to change back to stock and ride back to back and see which I like more

No problem. Most of the exchange stacks I've seen in YZ's have been the same down to the 9mm shims, but the number of 9's varies quite a bit. The '06 450 has one, as GH listed.

The nines don't appear to have a direct effect on the operation of the stack, unless someone sees something I don't. They slip inside of the spring collar without affecting the pressure on the rest of the stack. The 11's are what runs against the collar and spring.

I forgot to add this before: Changing back to the stock setting made the bike corner WAY better. I was using 1/8th turn increments of the adjuster to change the bikes attitude through fast corners and supported berms. Found that to be pretty cool. Makes me wonder what other common changes can be made to that stack without sacrificing so much in the handling.