Sign in to follow this  

2006+ KX125/KX250 Stock Handlebar Pic Needed

Hi. I am hoping that someone with a 2006 or newer KX125 or KX250 can help me out. If you still have the stock handlebars, can you post a picture of the clamp/band that is holding on the cable for the kill switch?

Thank you very much.

Edited by KDXGarage

I have the factory assembly and prep manual for a 07. Would what your looking for be in there? I can check later.

Thanks for replying. I was hoping for an actual photo, but that is OK. I can see a little picture in the 2003-2007 manual. I am just curious. I will just order the part.

Thanks again for the reply. I appreciate it.

The clamp is just a big funny looking zip tie that works worse then regular zip ties. Or are you talking about the clamp for the kill switch itself?

moose, it is that clamp, thanks for the info.

Jeekinz, thanks. That is what the 2005's look like. My KX250 still has the stock bars, so it looks like yours. On my 2005 KX125, some previous owner put on aluminum bars. It had a wire clamp dangling, so I was wondering where it went, but since I posted this, I saw how it was on the KX250 and just took it off. I was curious to see how the stock 2006+ KX125 and KX250 looked like. I am just going to buy the little clamp to see what it looks like. Thanks.

moose, it is that clamp, thanks for the info.

Jeekinz, thanks. That is what the 2005's look like. My KX250 still has the stock bars, so it looks like yours. On my 2005 KX125, some previous owner put on aluminum bars. It had a wire clamp dangling, so I was wondering where it went, but since I posted this, I saw how it was on the KX250 and just took it off. I was curious to see how the stock 2006+ KX125 and KX250 looked like. I am just going to buy the little clamp to see what it looks like. Thanks.

It's just a half inch wide zip tie that's reusable, I removed mine 2 weeks after buying the bike new it wasn't doing it's job very well. Regular old zip ties work way better and only someone that knows what it is is going to notice it's not the factory one.