Sign in to follow this  

CO lighting kit for 96 250 mxc?

I'm considering this bike because it runs great (rode it), mechanically inspected with good compression by KTM enthusiast selling for a friend (enthusiast's retirement business is Colorado Adventure Riding - sound familiar to anyone in CS,CO?), a little life left in the chain and sprockets, front and rear shock serviced with new seals and oil, and I think I can get it for $1K. Just starting to learn the trails around here and some are accessible over about 3 miles of pavement (1 mile of it private) from my home and others require a CO plate to connect between trails.

But the key thing right now is whether or not there is a CO compliant lighting kit (easiest) or knowledge of what can I piece together to make it CO compliant? I can't find any lighting kits from online searching on this bike and little if any information on this year's 250 MXC at all. I can't find an upgraded lighting coil (stator) either.

Surely someone can give me a list of what lighting products will work with the stock stator and whether or not I'll even need to upgrade the stator. I'm sure I can install them once someone else does the research for me :-D

I've got the DOT compliant tire thing worked out. And I can get a battery operated horn and mirror alright.