Look what I found...clean and nearly virgines....

6 hours, first set of tires, otherwise bone stock.

Add a Core EXP, Flexx bars, handgaurds, Tall seat, Low pegs, and a damper, and I'm all good.

Picture 028.jpg

Edited by Krannie

It's an 08. Nice find, and will give you many years of happy service. GUARANTEED!

It's an 08. Nice find, and will give you many years of happy service. GUARANTEED!

Yup. I've got an dual sport X with 650 hours on it (it's all "R'd out").

I had an '02 R, but it was a jackhammer with crappy valves...

This should be fun.

Where did you find it? I finally stopped looking because all the really low hours '08's were still going for 4 G's

6 hours, first set of tires, otherwise bone stock.

Add a Core EXP, Flexx bars, handgaurds, Tall seat, Low pegs, and a damper, and I'm all good.

There is a God and he loves us. :worthy:

Don't forget the TT manual cam chain tensioner! :lol::p

Don't forget the TT manual cam chain tensioner! :lol::p

Is that a 'must do' then item?

I'm outta the loop...

If you want a like new complete JD jet kit I'll cut you a smokin deal on it. It's the last remaining part I have left after selling my 08 in Jan. PM me if interested.

If you want a like new complete JD jet kit I'll cut you a smokin deal on it. It's the last remaining part I have left after selling my 08 in Jan. PM me if interested.

That's very generous of you. I think I'll pass but thanks.

I don't use the JD kit's anymore.

I've got my own 'secret' tuning for that carb, and that motor.

Well, it's not a secret, it just works.......

175m (180 with the '02 cam and porting)

48p

R&D remote fuel screw

NCVS 4th

Yamaha 2005 YZ450 Needle jet (the one with the extra emulsion holes) ...if I can still find one...

45 leak jet

R&D racing apump linkage return spring

75 power jet (slightly leaner starting with choke)

105 air jet (slightly leaner idle still keeping fuel screw adjustment)

(2) slide plate seal gaskets (this one keeps the slide from vibrating and whistling)

retard pump squirt to miss the slide no matter what

bevel the output of the pump nozzle for a slight spray to the squirt (using a sharpened guitar string)

PowerNow Plus wing (for those partial throttle rocky single track hills)

Edited by Krannie

Is that a 'must do' then item?

I'm outta the loop...

For sure. The '08 version acct is better then the original versions but they are still a nightmare in waiting. Everything I have read in posts by members that have had acct failures confirms a failure almost always guarantee's the fix will empty your pockets and reach for your bank card too. It's is just not worth the risk. $47.00 is very cheap insurance.

I am glad you found a nice '08. I know you have been looking for some time and how hard it is to find a very low hour '08. The last one I looked at was in Newport Beach and that kid what not budge below 4k.That bike was worth it but I just couldn't pull the trigger at that price. That bike had maybe 4-6 hours on it. Probably less. I sometimes think I should have bought it. By the time you buy a new bike here in SoCal and dial it in you are closing in on 9k

Edited by mrmoto35

Thanks Mrmoto

I saw (3) '08's worth buying.

All priced accordingly for their condition.

The one at $3050.00 had been ridden on the beach, then not cleaned for a year....but it was very low hour.

This might be my last full MX bike (even if it will converted to a fun bike), so I'm gonna have some fun.

I just got over cancer surgery last month, and I have to get a knee surgery this year, and two shoulder surgeries later next year, so I will get a short time to ride, then be down for a bit, and hopefully back again at it soon.

Don't forget to grease everything, as you probably know. Just bought an 08, 12hrs total, and just went thru it, things needed grease, not everything but about half or a little more of the total list of things to grease on a new bike.

Don't forget to grease everything, as you probably know. Just bought an 08, 12hrs total, and just went thru it, things needed grease, not everything but about half or a little more of the total list of things to grease on a new bike.

\

Yes, the steering head, swing arm and linkage are coming off, while the suspension gets re-valved.

I just ordered a front number plate background for it.

Instead of my name, it will read - THIS AIN'T NO KTM, PAL! -

IMG_2302_zps3c540735.jpgIMG_2301_zpsb25639c1.jpg

OK, coming along.

The Freeze-it method has solved my header problem

Unfortunately, TT Mod's kicked me out for a few days for asking for a header pipe.

Haaarrummmpfff

I've completed most of it so far:

BRP submount

Scotts damper

Guts Racing tall medium-soft seat kit

Re-grease steering stem

Re-grease linkage and swingarm

TMD Pro back chain guide

TMD Slidenglide slider

Cleaned frame and engine cases (nasty case of 'acid dirt' stains everywhere)

'09 front fender and number plate

Black mud flap

New hour meter mounted inside the air box

HPSD removed

Fork and shock out to Agent Smith Racing for spring/valve

Still waiting on:

Flexxxbars

G2 throttle tube

Cycra hand guards

Rear fender

Core EXP

EXP heavy wedges

EXP silver light springs

Fastway 3 lowering pegs

I'm gonna run the MX51's till they are bald, then switch to Maxxiss DIT 130/100 and Bridgestone M403 90/100

Looks like you will have a good set up :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, TT Mod's kicked me out for a few days for asking for a header pipe.

Haaarrummmpfff

Haaarrummmpfff Haaarrummmpfff Haaarrummmpfff Haaarrummmpfff----------- Hey! I didnt get a Haaarrummmpfff out of that guy ! (mel brooks -- blazing saddles)

Haaarrummmpfff

Ok, tell us what you REALLY did to get temp-banned? :naughty::lol:

Oh, don't get me wrong......I've been a baaaaaad booyee on many occasions in the CA forum.

But I kissed and made up with most everyone, and took the stick out of my butt (surgically), and moved on.

What can I say.....the Mods took me out in the alley and kicked the sh*t out of me, and left me for dead.....then pinned a little note on my sweater that said " you will be fully recovered by Monday 5.20.13 @ 2:36 PM".

So, I have that going for me.

Because you asked for a header? Is that because you asked outside of the classifieds? Just asking in case I decide to start stepping out of line hahahaha :devil: