bike runs hot

2000 cr125 runs kinda hot compared to my friends 02 cr125 my jetting is rich (because im in jetting process right now) ,but the cylinder warms up super quick

is it a radiotor problem ?

what products are good to keep bike heat down?

What makes you say its running hotter?

Have you checked to see how full the radiators are? Take the cap off (when the bike is cool), hold the bike level, and you should see it somewhere between the top of the fins and the bottom of the neck where you add fluid. If you don't see any coolant/antifreeze in the radiators then it might be low and you should probably change it. Its very easy to do.

What makes you say its running hotter?

Have you checked to see how full the radiators are? Take the cap off (when the bike is cool), hold the bike level, and you should see it somewhere between the top of the fins and the bottom of the neck where you add fluid. If you don't see any coolant/antifreeze in the radiators then it might be low and you should probably change it. Its very easy to do.

yes i have coolant but after riding, my bike can cook bacon and my friends bike is still touchable without feeling pain for like 10 seconds

Also check your water pump impeller. Flush the system to see that it flows good. How is ther bike running when you ride it? Any detonations? Does the bike behave differently after warmup?

My guess is your radiators are plugged with limescale. This happens over time when people use tap water in their cooling system. It's also a problem with the 80's era bikes that had magnesium water pump covers. The scale can be safely removed by removing your rads, connecting them together with the hoses, and filling them up with 20% acid vinegar. Allow at least 24 hours before you dump the vinegar. Then fill them with hot water and blow them out. If you do this in the kitchen sink, you'll see a load of crap come out. Repeat the vinegar soak as necessary, until you stop seeing junk coming out. Severely plugged rads can take up to 48 hours.

Once you are done, flush the rads with cool water, then fill the sink with cool water and allow the open radiators to soak to remove all the acidic vinegar. You can add some baking soda to the bath to neutralize the acid.

Edited by CamP

Good info CamP. I have just discovered that I need to utilize this information on my own radiators.

Good info CamP. I have just discovered that I need to utilize this information on my own radiators.

Thanks, when I started getting into vintage racing, I found that almost all the older water cooled bikes suffered from blocked radiators. A 87 CR250 that I just acquired had a left radiator that was blocked so bad that you couldn't even blow air through it. After soaking it in 20% acid vinegar for 36 hours, I was able to get it 100% clear, and you wouldn't believe how much junk came out of it. The acetic acid is strong enough to dissolve the limescale, but not strong enough to damage the aluminum. It's much less invasive than cutting off the tanks, rodding the cores, and rewelding the tanks, which is usually a $200 job.

I have an 88 CR 250 that Ive been going thru the same problems. Well, not problems. More like hurtles or issues. Nothing I cant handle Just par for the course I guess. I almost decided to just buy some new welded aluminum radiators off ebay for 100 bucks. But instead now Ive saved that money for something different im sure. Well its time to go clean out the vinegar from my radiators now.

I have an 88 CR 250 that Ive been going thru the same problems. Well, not problems. More like hurtles or issues. Nothing I cant handle Just par for the course I guess. I almost decided to just buy some new welded aluminum radiators off ebay for 100 bucks. But instead now Ive saved that money for something different im sure. Well its time to go clean out the vinegar from my radiators now.

Make sure you use 20% acid vinegar, which is available at agricultural supply and garden stores. The vinegar you get at the grocery store is only 5% acid, and isn't strong enough.

camp was right my rad was plugged up with orange?yellow crap