First Year Racing MX (YZ 125)

Just thought I would make a whole thread about my first year racing MX instead of making a new one every time I want to post a vid.

So I started last weekend in the mud, my first race EVER! Moto 1: 10th Moto 2: 12th Overall: 11th. Due to the horrible conditions, I crashed 5 or 6 times. haha. Very tough day.

Moto 1:

Moto 2:

I'm racing this coming weekend at MX207 (Jimmy Decotis' track!) I've never even been there before, but with my dads work schedual, I can't make any practice days. I'm just going to go take it easy and learn the track, Should be great.

Went out to a private track last night. It was my first time ever riding it. A buddy of mine called me up and said he found a place for us to ride and he'd be down to pick me up in 20 minutes. It was a good couple hours of riding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlmXmbq0r-A

Didn't do the best today. 17th out of 20. But it was my first time ever on the track. Just trying to get used of it. Not sure if I'm going to upload any vids. If I do I'll post them.

Got a few pics.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368994948.523700.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368995056.397373.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368994981.090722.jpg

Great pix and no worries about today... keep your head up and focus on your next race.

Cool stuff man. Don't let your losses discourage you and keep on racing. :thumbsup:

Here is my GoPro from last weekend at 207. I'm heading back there again this weekend. My goal is to do better and stay on 2 wheels. Also would like to see my lap times down to about a 2:30. I think my fastest was a 2:37 last weekend. Should be a great weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUGfu3Z5M7Q

Just thought I would make a whole thread about my first year racing MX instead of making a new one every time I want to post a vid.

So I started last weekend in the mud, my first race EVER! Moto 1: 10th Moto 2: 12th Overall: 11th. Due to the horrible conditions, I crashed 5 or 6 times. haha. Very tough day.

Moto 1:

Moto 2:

I'm racing this coming weekend at MX207 (Jimmy Decotis' track!) I've never even been there before, but with my dads work schedual, I can't make any practice days. I'm just going to go take it easy and learn the track, Should be great.

I liked the marshmallow in front of you. ;)

Next time will be even better!

Good riding for your first year man!

Muddy Private track today. Chasing a CR250.

YZ 125 , fun every time . Nice !

Headed out to yet another new track today that i'd never been to. Back 40 MX in Skowhegan Maine. I loved the track. I did pretty well. Went 9-7 on the day. I was a little upset though, was having the best moto I've ever had during moto 2. I got a 4th place start and held my ground for the most part. I was running 4th with 2 laps to go and washed out going into a sand section. The full moto video will be on later. Here is a little vid though.

Lap 1, moto 1. Kinda forgot to let off over this scrubber. Flat landed the shit out of the jump. It was a lot worse than the video makes it look. Hurt really bad. It was one of the "oh shit" moments.

Here is a pic of when I overshot that jump.

988d.png

ll0.png

Your wrists are skinny like mine, how much do you weigh? haha.

Your wrists are skinny like mine, how much do you weigh? haha.

Im 5' 9 and 105lbs. Haha

Im 5' 9 and 105lbs. Haha

Yup, that's about right, I'm 6'1" and 130lbs :lol:

Yup, that's about right, I'm 6'1" and 130lbs :lol:

Haha. At our size, the bikes are frickin rockets.

Hemond's today. First time racing the big track and first time riding the track since May. I felt so much more comfortable on the bike. My lap times dropped 15secs since my last time there. My result wasn't quick where I want it to be, but overall I was happy. Went 12-12 for 12th overall.