Sign in to follow this  

1st gear on CR85

Ive had my 2005 cr85 for a few weeks now but i have noticed that 1st gear is really small and as a pull away i have to put it straight in 2nd, i got the bike second hand. is it supposed to be like this?

Count the number of teeth and the front and rear sprocket. I'm not sure what your bike came with originally but a smaller front or larger rear will lower your top speed or give you the issue you are describing. I guess it's only an issue if you don't like it. A larger front or smaller rear will give you more top speed but take away some of that raw power feeling. There is a happy medium somewhere in between.

Don't count them on each sprocket it will say how many teeth. Just gotta look. And CR's are true mini race bikes so first gear will always be there but notice. But yours sounds worse than normal.

Don't count them on each sprocket it will say how many teeth. Just gotta look. And CR's are true mini race bikes so first gear will always be there but notice. But yours sounds worse than normal.

i have just counted then read your post i counted 56 and the sprocket on rear is not stock it said apico or something

i have just counted then read your post i counted 56 and the sprocket on rear is not stock it said apico or something

if I were you I'd turn it down.. Get a 50tooth rear and 13tooth front. It'll be fine, well.. Better anyways

Ive had my 2005 cr85 for a few weeks now but i have noticed that 1st gear is really small and as a pull away i have to put it straight in 2nd, i got the bike second hand. is it supposed to be like this?

shame your forks snapped yesterday mate :(

he broke his forks mate so he cant do nothing with the bike now