Sign in to follow this  

My Safety catch burning whenever i accelerate

Hello once again!

Im back with another problem, i've had a problem since 2 days ago with my supermotard, Derbi Senda SM XRace, some info will be below of what happened and when it happened. Lets start off..

When it happened : 2 days ago at the time this was typed, so 12.4.2013 this problem occured.

What I did : Acelerated, unfortnuately abit too hard

What happened : Everything on my display started to lighten up whenever i acceleretaed/pulled some throttle on, only the LAMP icon should lighten up, but it showed i had low fuel, low oil, and that my engine was overheating, also, when i hold my front brake it shows i have to little oil and fuel.

What we have acknowledged this far : Its the safety catch (Sorry, not sure what it is in english really) that burns whenever i accelerate, since we changed it, and next time i started it and accelerated the same problem occured. We have tried changing the voltage regulator but it didn't solve the problem. Also the supermotard stood in rain before this, but it have had time to get dry now, so i doubt its that.

I would really appreciate some help, and this is about the info i can give.

Looking forward to a answer

Regards,

Xariez

We might have found the problem, either with 2 cables "sparkling" over each other, so they connect and the problem occures, or it is when that happened we checked the battery-water (-ish) and it wasn't any water there, so some battery cells MIGHT have died, i just hope its any of those 2..

Yup, i believe we found the problem, to anyone who wanna know, it was some cables right behind the rear light that was really bad, we had to re-isolate(ish) it.

Im gonna stop watching over this thread since the place where the place that makes the whole issue isnt found, but we have placed some "new" cables to skip the part where the issue occures, so the problem itself is fixed.

Regards,

Xariez

Edited by Xariez

Im gonna stop watching over this thread since the place where the place that makes the whole issue isnt found, but we have placed some "new" cables to skip the part where the issue occures, so the problem itself is fixed.

Regards,

Xariez

I have never seen one of these bikes so i can't be of any help, BUT your bike has a lead acid battery? and not a sealed battery? Did you check the battery voltage with the bike running? do a load test on the battery? When your charging system isnt work and you are running on low voltage(typically below 8v) you can see funny things happen with gauges and lights. Basically when you accelerate hard you are using more voltage for the ignition. it might be that your bike is just barely getting by powering lights, but when you put a load on the battery like revving it hard its flipping out. With low voltage you could see high current because Voltage current and resistance have a relationship. Resistance will be the same, if voltage drops, current goes up. V = IR.