Sign in to follow this  

Ran my bike without turning fuel on ?

i know it wasnt a smart thing to do but i wasnt thinking and ran my bike with out turning the fuel switch back on

after a couple of minutes it spluttered and stopped and im wondering is there anyway of fixing this ?

if it makes a differance this is a 2 stroke

thanks

Normal. It ran on the fuel in the float bowl.

NEVER NEVER leave your gas petcock on.

so do i just leave it now ? when i tried to start it all it done was splutter and stop again .. is there a way to get everything back to normal

so do i just leave it now ? when i tried to start it all it done was splutter and stop again .. is there a way to get everything back to normal

just keep trying to start it. every dirt biker, and i mean EVERY has done this too many times to count by mistake. it causes no harm wat so ever. If ur having a problem starting it, try turning the gas on, lean ur bike over until gas drips out of the overflow (tubes on connected to the carberatur). then stand the bike up and try starting it again.

First try using the choke, actually, and if that doesnt work then perform above steps

Edited by KTMrideR146

I didnt do it that way but i ran the bike dry i filled the tank back up leaned it little to makes sure the bowl was filled and gave it a kick and fired right up

just keep trying to start it. every dirt biker, and i mean EVERY has done this too many times to count by mistake. it causes no harm wat so ever. If ur having a problem starting it, try turning the gas on, lean ur bike over until gas drips out of the overflow (tubes on connected to the carberatur). then stand the bike up and try starting it again.

First try using the choke, actually, and if that doesnt work then perform above steps

i thought it was a complicated thing to fix didnt think it was that easy .. thanks