Sign in to follow this  

First endurocross race

I have my first endurocross racing coming up just wondering what I need to do to prepare. I have a track to practice on so I have been doing that and have protection bought for my bike. I will be using a 2012 ktm 250 xcw. What setup tips, settings for suspension, gearing ect. I am not looking to podium or anything just want to have fun and be prepared.

I have my first endurocross racing coming up just wondering what I need to do to prepare. I have a track to practice on so I have been doing that and have protection bought for my bike. I will be using a 2012 ktm 250 xcw. What setup tips, settings for suspension, gearing ect. I am not looking to podium or anything just want to have fun and be prepared.

What class are u doing? I did the Sacramento Endurocross last yer, for sure i was the worst one in the am class. It's very hard to prepare for, the matrix of logs is really difficult, all of the obsticals are super close so there is no run up... Big logs, big rocks, firewood section is really hard to.. Learn how to turn on the loose river rock.. Unless you can already.. Have fun it's a bitch

Edited by Tom_Riddle

I don't race endurcross yet but like to ride those type of obstacles. Last weekend twice within one hour I had a piece of wood get stuck between the footpeg mount and brake lever. The second time it took a few minutes to get it out with a hammer and chisel. I need to figure out a way to keep that from happening again.

Ya that chopped wood is brutal. The course we have they just cut huge logs in half so its rough. My biggest problem is when going through there it sometimes hits my shifter and puts it in neutral. That sucks when you try and get unstuck. also happens when I go over the car tires.

Relax, Have fun and when you've done one race figure out where and how you can improve for the next race :)

• Like 1