Sign in to follow this  

GoPro editing...

I do not own one of these cameras but would like to & have done very lil homework on em. But how do you edit the videos it records? Do you need a video editing software for your computer or what? Sorry if this is basic knowledge but I know nothing about these cameras. Thx in advance

If your going to upload them to YouTube you can do most of your simple editing using their tools. If you want to do more advanced editing without or before uploading to Youtube then use a video editing software like CyberLink PowerDirector, VideoPad or Coreal VideoStudio.

• Like 1

If your going to upload them to YouTube you can do most of your simple editing using their tools. If you want to do more advanced editing without or before uploading to Youtube then use a video editing software like CyberLink PowerDirector, VideoPad or Coreal VideoStudio.

Right on :thumbsup: , thx. I have NEVER uploaded a video 2 YouTube so I didn't know they "offered" video editing b4 posting them = SWEETNESS lol. Not looking 4 anything fancy, just something I can use to stop, start, delete (etc) diff sections of the videos

Just upload the full videos, if there is a long gap between when you turn the camera on and when you start riding just say so in the description

Just upload the full videos, if there is a long gap between when you turn the camera on and when you start riding just say so in the description

I mostly trail ride, EVERY Wed & either Sat or Sun depending on weather & or schedule & when I do ride it's usually @ LEAST 2-3 hrs, just on the bike (Of course, a few breaks in between). W/ that said I would much rather do 15-25 mins worth of "sections" of video then uploading 2-3 hrs of riding cause no one is gonna sit there that long 2 watch it...

Edited by stevekx500
  • Like 1

I mostly trail ride, EVERY Wed & either Sat or Sun depending on weather & or schedule & when I do ride it's usually @ LEAST 2-3 hrs, just on the bike (Of course, a few breaks in between). W/ that said I would much rather do 15-25 mins worth of "sections" of video then uploading 2-3 hrs of riding cause no one is gonna sit there that long 2 watch it...

Yep agree.

Also keep the videos short, I think great videos are no longer than 10 minutes and thats pushing it. Typically around the 5 minute mark for length. Users on the web have a very short attention span.

Edited by piercebronkite
  • Like 3

^^^ Great advice above - keep them short and get rid of all the boring (to the viewer) stuff. :thumbsup:

I think go pro actually has software when on their website. When you buy one it'll offer it to you.

40 minute video takes about 8 hours to upload.............worst mistake ever

• Like 1

I have a gopro hero 3 and use windows movie maker. If you have windows just use that. It's simple and it works. And yeah, gopro videos take a long time to upload to youtube because (depending on your settings) the video is in hd.

Edited by jaradzoida

40 minute video takes about 8 hours to upload.............worst mistake ever

Thats not bad. I had a 20 minute video take 24 hours. That sucked.Most ISPs provide mega download rates but their upload rate totally sucks. Another reason why you want to keep them short.

Also you can dowload CineForm for free, its GoPros editing software. I have never used it though.

http://gopro.com/sof...ineform-studio/

Edited by piercebronkite

yep, use the software your computer came with, usually windows movie maker for pcs or imovie for mac.

i think windows 7 stopped including it but you can go to the microsoft website and download the freebie program still.

these are all basic bits of software but will do a good job and not take ages to learn. definitely try to edit the files down to something smaller as the upload takes forever. the videos get a lot more interesting too.

if you really get into the video editing, there's a good thread here on tips for improving your vids.

Thats not bad. I had a 20 minute video take 24 hours. That sucked.Most ISPs provide mega download rates but their upload rate totally sucks. Another reason why you want to keep them short.

Also you can dowload CineForm for free, its GoPros editing software. I have never used it though.

du

dude, i wouldnt have uploaded it then hhaha that sucks though man

I use Windows Movie Maker Live that came with my Windows 7 to edit mine. YouTube uploader will tell you a pretty close estimate as to how long it will take to upload your video when you start it. If it's going to take several hours, I set my computer to never shut down and start the upload before I go to bed, and my video is there when I get up the next morning. Just remember, the higher vid quality you shoot with, the larger the file, and the longer it will take to process, and upload.