Sign in to follow this  

XR 400 breathing problems

yes I agree.....not the gospel, so what would you do then ? I reckon float would be set too high if I set it parallel to bowl mating surface...is that how you have set yours then ?

Trailryder do you think the PO re-set floats on angle then and also wound in screw 2 on pump setting .....seems strange .....why do it ?

Edited by oakframer

Trailryder do you think the PO re-set floats on angle then and also wound in screw 2 on pump setting .....seems strange .....why do it ?

Who knows?

I think I'm going to go out and pull my carb to be sure of the float setting, as I don't want to tell you a definite yes on it, as it's been several years since I put mine on and I'm going off of memory.

Ok, got mine off and checked. My memory is shot I guess. I guess I originally set it at 20mm, almost 21mm, but the carb should still be angled like so, to prevent the possibility of compressing the tip of the needle. Max drop is 26mm. Good thing you made me look.

Mikuni Float Setting.jpg

Edited by Trailryder42

Thanks for being so thorough Trailryder, I appreciate your help,  I will buy you a pint of beer if I ever cross the pond and visit Texas ...cheers.!!