Sign in to follow this  

2013 Yamaha Yz250

Today I was looking at buying a 2013 YZ250 from a motorcycle dealer and they wanted $7000 for it. Should i buy the bike from the dealer or just buy from a provate dealer? I was looking around a motorcycle deslership rather than a private dealer for a few reasons. I'm mainly hesitant to buy from a private dealer because in my part of jersey, most of the owners are people who don't know s*** about bikes and use them for wheelies. I dont want to pay for a bike then have to invest tons of money in parts and labor. I would buy from a private dealer if they're no more than an hour and a half away and if its a good price.

Everyone is always afraid of buying used bikes.. Especially with the 4t's but if you're cautious and know what to look for then you usually have nothing to worry about.. Yea you have those people who say "mint condition" hardly ridden" and everything else but I never buy a bike that needs bearings or those little things because if there too cheap to buy new bearings then there too cheap to buy more important parts.. Asking as you know what to look for and can test drive it I wouldn't worry about it asking as its all right and the engine isn't making any noises other than it should.

Everyone is always afraid of buying used bikes.. Especially with the 4t's but if you're cautious and know what to look for then you usually have nothing to worry about..

Well he's talking about a 2t, so........

To the OP:

2006 YZ 250 is almost the same bike as a 2013 yz250. The differences are so subtle that it's pointless to get a brand new one. Save your money and buy a NICE used one.

• Like 1

Well he's talking about a 2t, so........

To the OP:

2006 YZ 250 is almost the same bike as a 2013 yz250. The differences are so subtle that it's pointless to get a brand new one. Save your money and buy a NICE used one.

Ohh my bad. I seem yz250 and imagined the "f" lol

offer 5, if they dont take it buy a used one, same thing put savings into mods

There not going to come off the price much. I paid cash for mine and got some off but not much. I wouldn't buy it if you dont have the money to pay for it all up front. No use in financing a toy unless you get 0% interest (which i don't think yamaha will ever do on the yz250).

As others have said if you can find a nice used one you could get it for half the price. I've bought lightly used bike, new bikes, and bikes that were in need of some serious work. The lightly used bike was the best move financially but I don't regret buying a new yz250. I take good care of my bikes and it stays in the garage so it could last longer than I would be capable of riding.

As far as why didn't you buy a ktm comments. I did my research and pretty much everyone was saying the 2013 ktm 250 is an all around better bike than the yz250 (except for suspension) but I still wanted a yz250. Its what guys were riding when i watched MX back in the late 90s and I always wanted one so kind of fulfilled a childhood fantasy in my adult life. Never been on a KTM but it seems like its the real HOT thing to have around the places I ride.

In regards to the KTM, i never come across them in jersey..All I see is Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Honda, the japanese brands.

In regards to the YZ, i think i will just find a 2006 from someone in PA or in jersey that seems like they know how tk care for a 2T. Because I went back today and the guy really didn't seem to know about 2 strokes and did not help on convincing me to buy the bike when I asked him certain questions (or maybe i was being an &%$#@!). So I think i'd rather go with a private dealer for financial reasons.