FCR Install First ride and thoughts

Holy Schitt ... the FCR with stock exhaust (did not have enough time today to do both today) completed transformed the bike.

Wheelies in first and second are just a quick flip of the wrist.

I am glad I did not waste money and time trying to rejet the CV carb, those things are about as useless as tits on a Boar Hog...

And the noise, that wonderful intake noise it brings a smile to my ear..it even chirps one in a while...

Carb came with everything I followed this link for install and it was right on the money on first start up.

http://www.thumperta...ing-the-tt-kit/

Only have one issue and that is it does not return to idle as fast as I would like it to, might be b/c of the stock pipe. I will get the MRD SSW on this week I hope.

Edited by Bull Island Flats

I just installed mine and yes same thing with idle, nice to know im not only one. I have aftermarket exhaust, 3x3 and K&N and it still does it. Crazy how much it changes the bike....cant wait to hit the track now!!!!

Edited by 10-32

where are you guys purchasing everything?

i got mine from TT store

did you guys buy a jet kit too?

just the carb kit and an extended air screw....

I was thinking about changing the main jet since I was still on stock exhaust, but no need to, as I would have to swap it back when the MRD goes on.

Rode for two hours today without any adverse problems.

Edited by Bull Island Flats

did you guys buy a jet kit too?

With an FCR you don't need a jet kit.....Needles and all jets can be purchased separately ....

DESCRIPTION from TT site

This kit includes:

- Keihin 39mm FCR Carb with choke (no TPS)

- FCR Adapter 2 3/8", carb to S airboot**

- Adaptor O-Ring**

- EMN Needle**

- Airboot adapter bolts (2)**

- P/N 13111-29F00 OEM Suzuki E Intake Manifold

- P/N 09402-58208 OEM Suzuki Clamp

- P/N 13685-29F00 OEM Suzuki Vacuum Port Nipple

Carb comes standard with the following:

- 200 Main Air Jet

- 160 Main Jet

- 45 Pilot Jet

- 100 Pilot Air Jet

- EMR or EMS Needle

i got mine from TT store

A great place to shop

A couple more weeks and i will be placing my order to get one as well .. Posts like these really get me anxious :thumbsup:

Remember when you hit 70 miles, start looking for a gas station and be ready to flip to reserve. No more 50mpg.

That is the trade off you get when you improve performance , well worth it .. IMO

get the pilot circuit set right and the idle speed correct and it will snap back to idle just fine.

Dammit, i hate you guys and your FCR'S :angry:

I want, But... coming up with that $ these days is a real challange for sure, so probably not for a long while.

If im currently getting around 55mpg, with the stock jetted carb, hot cams, mrd/ssw and 3x3, what kind of real world mpg's should i expect with the fcr?

Edited by 150ron

Ron,

It mostly depends on your right hand but not much less if you ride it the same.

I actually took my FCR off this spring to try the Mikuni with a JD jet kit just to compare it with the FCR.

I have ran about 500 miles and it is about time to put the FCR back on this weekend. I like to experiment.

It mostly depends on your right hand but not much less if you ride it the same.

problem is when you have the extra power on tap you tend to use it... :cool:

Dammit, i hate you guys and your FCR'S :angry:

I want, But... coming up with that $ these days is a real challange for sure, so probably not for a long while.

If im currently getting around 55mpg, with the stock jetted carb, hot cams, mrd/ssw and 3x3, what kind of real world mpg's should i expect with the fcr?

....20 km/L should be obtainable with moderate wrist control....

I have 2 DRZs one S that's pretty much a dirt bike w/fcr cams E gasket pipe etc geared 15 / 47 but a tall pirelli knobbie cruises fine at 65 I pretty much get 40- 43 MPG driving pretty mellow . The other is/ was a stock S until last week with stock rubber etc only driven to work 6 miles around 55 MPH only 3 stop signs straight line 1368676175078.jpgdriven very smooth and the best was 96 miles at reserve so 48 mpg. I just converted it to SM did the 3x3 and jetted so far. It will probably get the same mods as the dirt one maybe without the fcr who knows? I find it hard to believe claims of 60+ mpg maybe down hill with wind no stopping and starting??????

Remember when you hit 70 miles, start looking for a gas station and be ready to flip to reserve. No more 50mpg.

That's an easy fix....order a bigger fuel tank along with the FCR :thumbsup:

I'm resisting still, I just keep repeating over and over, "theBSR36isenoughtheBSR36isenoughtheBSR........" :cool:

That's an easy fix....order a bigger fuel tank along with the FCR :thumbsup:

I'm resisting still, I just keep repeating over and over, "theBSR36isenoughtheBSR36isenoughtheBSR........" :cool:

lol, im telling my self the same exact thing, but im starting to think im lying to myself, lol

lol, im telling my self the same exact thing, but im starting to think im lying to myself, lol

You are. Once you ride one with an FCR, you'll start finding things to put on craigslist. It's like a freakin meth addiction.

Luckily the SM I just bought already has an FCR, pipe and a (4x4?) mod. That's a good $900 saved there.