Stupid question: spark plugs. CR8E or CR8EB?

I didn't write down what came out of the bike, then misplaced the plug...what's the big difference between these plugs?

PLEEEEASE SOOOOMEONE

Oh cmon no ones changed their plug?

The plugs are different only in that the CR8E has a removable screw on top. You would leave it on.

The plugs are different only in that the CR8E has a removable screw on top. You would leave it on.

PHEW. I knew I shouldve followed my gut. I'm not old enough to drive, and tonight, my dads making a trip down past advanced auto parts anyway so I asked to tag along.

PHEW. I knew I shouldve followed my gut. I'm not old enough to drive, and tonight, my dads making a trip down past advanced auto parts anyway so I asked to tag along.

If they don't have the CR8EB (which is OEM) and you end up with a CR8E make sure the cap comes with it. If not, you can use the screw off cap from any plug. Also, in case you didn't know, you can get equivalent plugs from different manufacturers. Just ask the guy at the counter to cross reference for you. They should be equivalent in temperature. Just call ahead to see what they have in stock. Also, make sure your plug cap hasn't been changed to one that has the tiny hole. I can't imagine anyone would do that, but . . . You know.

If they don't have the CR8EB (which is OEM) and you end up with a CR8E make sure the cap comes with it. If not, you can use the screw off cap from any plug. Also, in case you didn't know, you can get equivalent plugs from different manufacturers. Just ask the guy at the counter to cross reference for you. They should be equivalent in temperature. Just call ahead to see what they have in stock. Also, make sure your plug cap hasn't been changed to one that has the tiny hole. I can't imagine anyone would do that, but . . . You know.

He said the E has the cap, EB does not. Worst comes to worst ill say "hey can I get this one instead?" Or just reach into my used plug bag and pop a cap off.

No, EB has the cap. Just checked. Got it all worked out. I leave it on, right?

Yes you leave it on. I thought the CR8EB had a welded cap and the CR8E was removable. Let us know which is which once and for all, would you? :)

EB has a cap. I dunno if its welded, or what...I only put it in and kick the bike til it makes noise. Thanks, for the...uh...answers to my dumb question.

Yes the stock spec plug is one piece non-removable.

How did the shimming go Lethal?

How did the shimming go Lethal?

Waitin on the parts! Will keep updated.