Sign in to follow this  

How much is the bike worth?

yea id say its about right. make sure he has recepits for the suspesnion. so many people just put the stickers to make it look like its been done. myself included lol

• Like 1

If the outside is any indication, that guy takes care of his toys. Sweet looking bike. Asking price seems good, but he may take less. Bring cash.

not a penny over 3k....I just bought my used '12 in great shape for 3800, I sold my completely built 07 for 1900

I couldnt give my 09 away, it sold for 2500 and it looked new.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368582301.815378.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368582248.388631.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368582328.416351.jpg

Edited by dr11

There you have it. Worst he can say is no. I sold my '06 for $2700 mint with goodies.

IMG_1436_zps2bff4deb.jpg

Check bikefinds.com for asking prices by year. Of course, one 09 could be a lot different from the next. Have fun negotiating.

Edited by Dragon67

The reason why im posting here is because im trading my 2007 KX250 2 stroke for the 09 with many goodys. Im just looking to flip the bike and make some money.

Easier ways to make money, I guess. The thing is, you don't know what a used bike is worth until the moment you sell it. I think that smoker might be worth a few bucks, for example, cause I want one :) But I'll likely just buy a train wreck and fix it up. Not profitable, but lots of fun. Good luck!

The two stroke will sell quicker and much easier than the 250f. General rule of thumb on used 250fs is stock is good. Who knows what's actually done and what's not and if its truely a worked race motor it will need race fuel which is just something else to turn a potential buyer away.

The two stroke will sell quicker and much easier than the 250f. General rule of thumb on used 250fs is stock is good. Who knows what's actually done and what's not and if its truely a worked race motor it will need race fuel which is just something else to turn a potential buyer away.

exactly, I bought my low hour used, stock 12 over a full pro-circuit mod 11 that was actually cheaper.

Edited by fivepointnine

exactly, I bought my low hour used, stock 12 over a full pro-circuit mod 11 that was actually cheaper.

And you made a great decision because the stock 12 will run for the season while the PC bike will be through two rebuilds to make it through the season. I just really dont think its worth it on the four strokes to do any major motor modifications unless you've just got deep pockets you dont care about making lighter. The stock 12 is just as fast as the 11 mod bike anyways, that dual FI setup is better than a worked single FI setup on the 11 unless you've got some serious money (10k+ tied up into it).

Edited by dmm698
  • Like 1

curious if you made the deal?

It really depends where you live and what people are willing to spend.

I know you are going up in years but curious why trading for a 4T? if your a 2T rider?

Wow, makes me wonder what i'll get for my 11/12 hybrid with a 1000$ motor overhaul this winter come august....

Ahhaa funny you bring that up..footage didn't look anywhere near as cool as I'd thought it would be

yeah it comes out super funky. Its cool if you have some buddies behind you but anytime you hit a jump face or come into a landing all you see is the sky...

thats amazing you had someone willing to give you 3600 for a 2 generation old bike. FWIW I bought my '12 for $200 more!!!!!!