Shelton Valley Fun Run

The PSER 2-Day Fun Run takes place this memorial day weekend, May 25-26th, at the Mason County Fairgrounds. We open up for camping on Fri the 24th at noon and we've worked it out so that this year everyone can camp Sunday night. So you can ride on Sunday and relax that evening instead of having to pack up and leave. We just ask that you leave by 10 am on Monday. The $10 per vehicle gate fee is good for the whole weekend, and dry camping is free. We've put together a fun course that uses a lot of the trails from our enduros earlier this month. Hope you can make it out to join us for the weekend. The flyer and more info is at www.psermc.org.

Finished brushing the course today. Conditions were PERFECT!!! With the showers predicted for this week the trails should be in about the best condition we could hope for. Anyone who gets out early either day should have a really fun ride with minimal traffic. I'm tasked with monitoring course conditions and fixing problems throughout the event, but I think I'll be leaving early and having a couple hours of really fun riding before I might have to do some work!.

Hey Greyspruirrel,

Is the long course just longer or is it more advanced as well? I'm will have my daughter with me, trying to decide the best option for her.

Long course is 40 ish. There are many short cuts to make it 35, 30, 25 etc. There is no gas available. The long course is more advanced with more single track but we have removed all difficult obstacles, ie logs, but shelton is technical terrain. The terrain is not any more difficult than the short in the overall picture.

Hey Greyspruirrel,

Is the long course just longer or is it more advanced as well? I'm will have my daughter with me, trying to decide the best option for her.

I would take all the short cuts until you get to the motorcycle only loop(check 3), then take her on that. The MC only loop will likely be way more fun for her and less crowded.

The long course is 40.5 mi. As Dr Dirt says the main course shortcuts can reduce the overall mileage to as few as 31 miles. In my opinion both courses are about the same in difficulty. Remember the long course loop closes at noon. Hope you make it out and have a fun time.

I had a great time today and my riding budies were a blast to ride with. Thanks to all the PSER members for putting on a great event. And yes Dave the suspension is working GREAT! I had a big smile under my Bell 8 all day.

Whoop!

Paul

• Like 1

First time doing this, had a great time. Trails were epic.

Picked this up somewhere along the way. Didn't even know it was there until we stopped to take a break, noticed my fork guard was a bit misaligned, ha ha.

IMAG1197-M.jpg

Thanks PSER!

Have done the Fun Run twice now and really enjoyed it. A perfect mix of single track and faster sections. I was wiser this year and got out before the ATVs hit the trail. Cheers to the riders who moved over to allow others to pass and to the faster riders who were patient for us speed challenged to find a spot to pull over!

Big thanks to everyone who came out to the Fun Run this weekend! The weather was less than perfect, but everyone I saw on the trail seemed to be smiling. Roaming around the camp area in the evening I saw lots of groups siting under awnings and tarps with the grill going and a beverage at hand having a good time. Good friends, good riding and a fun campout is what it's all about. Thanks for coming!

• Like 2