05 te 510

So I have been looking at big bore thumpers, mostly ktm 505's, when an 05 te 510 popped up on CL for $2300. I have tried searching here but couldn't find a ton of info on this specific year.

I know she will be heavier then my current 250 2T. But, I am looking for some general info on the bike as far as reliability and general offroad worthyness. Thanks in advanced for any info on this Year/model. I know they have done a bunch of changes but I am unsure of specif years of changes. Time to dig through my old stack of dirt rider mags.

Edited by dirtbeater

So I have been looking at big bore thumpers, mostly ktm 505's, when an 05 te 510 pooped up on CL for $2300. I have tried searching here but couldn't find a ton of info on this specific year.

I know she will be heavier then my current 250 2T. But, I am looking for some general info on the bike as far as reliability and general ofroad worthyness. Thanks in advanced for any info on this Year/model. I know they have done a bunch of changes but I am unsure of specif years of changes. Time to dig through my old stack of dirt rider mags.

The 2005 TEs were very solid bikes, if the condition is good then buy it. I had one for 6 years and liked it a lot. If you buy it feel free to ask me questions.

engine is almost undestroyable, it is a solid, well working offroadbike; suspension is a bit too hard/strong

125 kg with full tank and radiator protectors is not so heavy in comparison !

I might mistaken on this issue, but, I think the 2005 TE 510 was a Cycle Worlds Best 10....

great bike with a lot of aftermarket stuff from TT and CH sponsors. enjoy it...