'94 CR250R to '11/'12 150XC

Hello! I'm looking for some advice from some people who've ridden 125 or 150 two strokes and 250 two strokes. Right now I've got a 1994 cr250 that I've kept tuned and, while not pretty, all the working parts are kept in beautiful condition (engine top and bottom end, suspension, bearings all around, rubber etc.). I'm 18 and 145 Lbs. at 5'6, I just joined the army so I'll be gaining a little weight hopefully ;) when I get back from basic I want to get a little more into racing (I've done some hare scrambles and lost a lot). I want to race moto and hare scrambles, but I put having a lot of fun over winning ;) also I like to take care of my own bike and I'm really, really not a fan of four strokes, I'm a big time two stroke fanboy. I tend to get worn out fast on my 250, but I'm putting a lot more effort into my physical conditioning than I used to so that should be a little less of an issue. I've got it into my head that I really think a new/newer KTM 150 XC would be a lot of fun and I'd be able to go pretty fast on it while learning some valuable moto skills (I SUCK on a track big time... For now).

Also, if anyone in Washington wants to trade a half decent 125, my 250 is in gorgeous condition as I've been working on it and getting it ready to sell while I've been out with leg injuries ;)

So, advice? Who here thinks I'll miss my power? The 150 I'm looking at isn't really any lighter than my 250, anyone think it'll feel lighter? I've never ridden anything that handles near as well as my 250, including my dads '01 yz250.

Any suggestions?

Hello! I'm looking for some advice from some people who've ridden 125 or 150 two strokes and 250 two strokes. Right now I've got a 1994 cr250 that I've kept tuned and, while not pretty, all the working parts are kept in beautiful condition (engine top and bottom end, suspension, bearings all around, rubber etc.). I'm 18 and 145 Lbs. at 5'6, I just joined the army so I'll be gaining a little weight hopefully ;) when I get back from basic I want to get a little more into racing (I've done some hare scrambles and lost a lot). I want to race moto and hare scrambles, but I put having a lot of fun over winning ;) also I like to take care of my own bike and I'm really, really not a fan of four strokes, I'm a big time two stroke fanboy. I tend to get worn out fast on my 250, but I'm putting a lot more effort into my physical conditioning than I used to so that should be a little less of an issue. I've got it into my head that I really think a new/newer KTM 150 XC would be a lot of fun and I'd be able to go pretty fast on it while learning some valuable moto skills (I SUCK on a track big time... For now).

Also, if anyone in Washington wants to trade a half decent 125, my 250 is in gorgeous condition as I've been working on it and getting it ready to sell while I've been out with leg injuries ;)

So, advice? Who here thinks I'll miss my power? The 150 I'm looking at isn't really any lighter than my 250, anyone think it'll feel lighter? I've never ridden anything that handles near as well as my 250, including my dads '01 yz250.

Any suggestions?

If you're getting tired get a 125 its lighter and will be just as entertaining to ride. The 125s are running S.O.B.s you may possibly feel a little bored after awhile but after awhile then you can upgrade to another 250. The 125 or 150 will never make you sore tho wich is a good thing if you want to take up alot more racing/riding. I'd do it.

Go for it man! 125's are so easy to ride fast.. they never wear you out. Plus, it may not actually be any lighter, but a 125 will feel a good bit lighter than your 250. 125's feel like riding a mountainbike with an engine. I love 'em!

Awesome! I was so hoping to hear that! Thanks guys!