Sign in to follow this  

Loud pipe vs quiet pipe/exhaust...how much noise do you need coming out your back end?

Do ya like 'em LOUD as they can be or quiet as a mouse? What's the advantages of what exhaust pipe is on your bike(s) currently? If you love it loud or need it quiet let those comments loose here!

Thought about this while riding around town yesterday. I LOVE HOW LOUD MY BIKE IS!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?? BRAAAAPPPPP

I think loud mufflers are just annoying, whether I'm on the bike or it's some other guy. Around here, the guys on the tracks or trails with them are usually goons anyways.... funny how that works. Keep your loud pipe and see how much more land can get closed over there in California.

I like my FMF Q4 on my crf450. If I'm slow compared to the other riders, it's not because of my exhaust.

Luckily, the loudness is dependant on the throttle. I ride open desert. I ride mountain trails that have no threat of being closed. In fact, in my local town of Big Bear Lake, they are opening up MORE singletrack in an OHV area called Big Pine Flats. This is great! To better inform you, the only time I reaaally get on the pipe is to announce my presence while riding DS through town. Much quieter than "Fat Pat" on his Harley.

I like it loud enough to wear I can hear the bike out riding and not make anyone in town angry if I ride through and have them hate people that ride because our bikes are loud. Normally if I ride through the little towns I'm in first gear just kind rolling through.

Edited by TannerCRF250

I LOVE HOW LOUD MY BIKE IS!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?? BRAAAAPPPPP

This is stupid. Thanks for doing your part to ensure more riding areas are shut down...

LOUDER DOES NOT EQUAL FASTER!!!

• Like 1

This is stupid. Thanks for doing your part to ensure more riding areas are shut down...

LOUDER DOES NOT EQUAL FASTER!!!

No but louder+spray paint+#42069+blue powerband sure does. :)
  • Like 1

No but louder+spray paint+#42069+blue powerband sure does. :)

BRO!!!

2013-05-15_102929_zpsf3813440.jpg

Edited by RedRider31
  • Like 4

I run a turbine core 2 on my 125. its a quiet pipe. I don't know why people need a ridiculously loud exhaust. Nothing makes me more angry than the guy with the exhaust so loud I cant even hear myself think when i'm behind him

I run a turbine core 2 on my 125. its a quiet pipe. I don't know why people need a ridiculously loud exhaust. Nothing makes me more angry than the guy with the exhaust so loud I cant even hear myself think when i'm behind him

The harescramble I rode in last weekend was enough for me to want a new pipe. A rider came up behind me and started talking to me. It wasn't yelling, almost like he was riding on my bike with me. Only after he passed me did I hear his bike. What a fun way to freak some people out :smirk:

I have a fmd factory 4 on my bike a little loud idling but when your riding its not bad. And really quite pipes can be bad sometimes. Its nice to hear a person coming up

Once I'm in the woods on my YZ250 after about 50yds you cant hear anything from the loading spot.

Keep them quiet. I was riding two weeks ago and some guy on a newish looking KTM450 kept revving to the limiter and road up and down the road for like 45 minutes. Then went into the woods for 5 minutes popped back out and sat around .

Edited by YZ2Smoker98

If you are in the forest riding alone, does your bike make any noise if no one is around to hear it?

• Like 4