Sign in to follow this  

What's a 2000 Rm 125 worth with locked motor?

I racing buddy ended up with a 2000 Rm 125 that was in a basement when it flooded now the motor is locked up! Might as well figure a complete motor rebuild along with replacing wheel, linkage and all other bearings. So what's this thing worth just as it sits? Overall cosmetically the bike is good and tires are decent.

I racing buddy ended up with a 2000 Rm 125 that was in a basement when it flooded now the motor is locked up! Might as well figure a complete motor rebuild along with replacing wheel, linkage and all other bearings. So what's this thing worth just as it sits? Overall cosmetically the bike is good and tires are decent.

Ask him to give you the bike...

Labor (Time is money)

Parts (all bottom end bearings on up gaskets crank pistn etc) will be killer

Who knows about electrical

Incidental items will all add up

Or ask him to do all the work and spend money on parts and then offer to pay half of what he just put into it to get it back into running condition.... :)

Edited by RhinofromWA

Offer him what ever he would get for scrap. People don't realize these things have some scrap value to them. Even more if you break it down piece by piece and divy up the materials.

I picked up my 97 rmx250 for 400$. all it needed was a top end and the cylinder resleeved. Rebuild is costing me about 400ish$

I would Offer him like 50 bones and barter till about 200-250$ because of the bottom end.

BUT, i'm going off of how much my bike cost.

Any pics? :D

offer him 200 bucks you should be able to get that back out of it in parts.

+1

Ahh the more I think About it I think I'm just gonna leave it alone! The last thing I really need is another money pit unless I can get it for 50 or something really close.