Sign in to follow this  

Just picked up an 01, I have some questions.

Just picked up an 01 DR400 for 1500 bucks because it has some small issues like the tail light isn't working and the headlight seems to have a bad connection (I think I can fix those easy). And it has a bad rear brake (less sure whats wrong there).

Here's my questions:

It says it a 400k does that just mean kickstart? is there any way to add a key so its harder to steal?

There's no switch for the HL or tail light, are these constantly on when running?

And lastly i found this switch connected to a hose that seems to go down to the tank or near it. The switch is mounted between the bar and plate. And I have no idea what it is, it seems to only open some hole. Any ideas (see picture)

mysteryswitch.jpg

The red lever is a remote hot start.. replaces the pull knob on the carb.

As for do you have a Kick Starter,, umm, well, I don't know,, do you?

"It says it a 400k"

What says that?

It either has a kick starter or not.. It has an elec starter or not.

The actual model designation for the kick start only version was DRZ400 .. no letter suffix

The VIN number and some some visual clues will tell you if you have a DRZ400 or a E start model that may have been partially or completely converted to kick start only

Yes I know it has a kickstarter, my question is that the only thing that makes it a "K" model. or if there are other differences

Yes I know it has a kickstarter, my question is that the only thing that makes it a "K" model. or if there are other differences

Other things .. try a search or three.. Tons of info for you to look at.. Kind of a self serve deal.

And there is no "K" model

DRZ400

DRZ400S

DRZ400E

DRZ400SM

What is your VIN?

Did the search, and read all FAQS before posting. Thanks for the link on the k thing. Good to know not all drz owners are pretentious

Edited by jagarcia89

Did the search, and read all FAQS before posting. Thanks for the link on the k thing. Good to know not all drz owners are not pretentious

Not "pretentious" (actually the word does not even apply here, but whatever)

Just helping you find the info you're looking for, and maybe help you enable yourself at the same time.

You want to be spoon fed info that is at your fingertips? Well thats a plan I guess..... and great commentary for a post in Town squar, not here.

The ONE link you were provided is not the whole story..

Again, still, if you want some help.. post or PM the vin. If you want help figuring out what bike you already bought (thats kind of backwards don't ya think?) Happy to help, can assist you in figuring it out in just a few posts and minutes of discussion.

If you want others to guess for you and spoon feed you.

Hang out, Im sure someone will be along eventually.