Tear offs?

Ok so I've had some times when I really wished I had a tear off on my goggles. Are the tear offs really all they say they are? Never used them but I think they could help me when I race

Just used em for the first time about a month ago and makes me wish I woulda started using them years ago .

cheaptearoffs.com

Thank me later

Buy a bunch and only put two or three on at a time. You will inadvertently rip them all off at once on multiple occasions.

This sounds stupid but there's a method to it.

If you're racing, Use 2 or 3 IMO.

Practice with a couple and find out what way you like ripping them off. People lay them out so that the first you pull off with your left hand, the second on your right, etc. I just tuck in the bits you grab across the goggle and lay the next tear off over the top, means I only use my left hand so my hands always on the throttle.

Learn not to grab the bit closest to your helmet, this sounds silly but you'll end up pulling off every tear off in one go. I can't count the amount of times I've gone through the first corner and ripped them all off and been blinded for the next 20 minutes lol.

I don't know about where you're from. But a couple of clubs have banned them here because of wildlife possibly eating them, they're encouraging the rip n roll goggles to be used. They're good but on a really wet day they're pointless.

cheaptearoffs.com

Thank me later

Buy a bunch and only put two or three on at a time. You will inadvertently rip them all off at once on multiple occasions.

1+

Cheaptearoffs.com rocks

cheaptearoffs.com

Thank me later

Just got turned onto cheaptearoffs.com last week. I was totally missing out. They're cheap and shipping is fast.

If racing..yes worth it.

Anyone who has problems ripping more than one off at a time is doinitwrong. Likely not installing them correctly.

I highly suggest tear-offs.

#1 They're not expensive

#2 They help with vision A LOT especially on muddier days

#3 It makes you feel cool when you tear one off

As stated use a few, for practicing I use 1-4 but I reuse the same 4 (Practicing on my property).

I started using them recently in an attempt to make my goggle lenses last longer. It seems to be working so far. I usually just put 1 on and at the end of a ride I pull it off and my goggles are clean. I haven't successfully pulled any off while on the gas or in the air, may not be in the cards for me. I have trouble only getting one off when I've tried...

Edited by poldies4

Thanks guy! Guess I'll be gettin me some tear offs pretty soon

Guys*

I use both roll offs and tear offs.

I like them both for different situations.

Then today I was out riding and took plain goggles, it was muddy, I kept grabbing for the tear offs. Lol I wished I had them today. Instead I kept seeing the mud dots on my lenses & it was ticking me off. Lol

You can re use them if you rip them off when you get to your car and just don't crease them. Wash them when you get home and most of them should be pretty good. I always put 4 on per race no matter what.

I highly suggest tear-offs.

#1 They're not expensive

#2 They help with vision A LOT especially on muddier days

#3 It makes you feel cool when you tear one off

As stated use a few, for practicing I use 1-4 but I reuse the same 4 (Practicing on my property).

Agreed, always makes me feel like I know what I am doing. Anyhow, to OP, I dont know why you WOULDNT have some. It's nice, as someone said, on the muddier days to be able to tear one off when visibility gets down to crap. Lot more fun to take a tear off off, then your goggles because you cant see....resulting in some nice roost to your eyes...or worse (a rock). I use about 3 at a time if I know its tacky/muddy soil. I stagger em left and right hand. i know its not a must, just way i like to do it.

Edited by J_WR2fitty

They are excellent but anything past 4 tearoffs at a time and you'll be swing doubles!!!

I ride trails and some mx with a lot of mud so they work great for me. Also, it keeps trees from scratching the

lens off your googles

Even if I am just riding around for fun, I'll throw one on to prevent scratches on the lens etc and just wipe it with my glove to clean it. Good shit to have.

Are the non laminated just as good as laminated. Im getting tired of paying $1 per tear off. They are really clear though and come in a pack of 7 lamintated together. Are the non laminated clear and not have that mirror effect?

I ride trails and some mx with a lot of mud so they work great for me. Also, it keeps trees from scratching the

lens off your googles

For racing, I used to use 3. The first one I cut the tab off with a scissors so there's no tab to pull on. That one just keeps the goggle lens from getting scratched. The last brand I used - and I don't remember what it was - had a tab that folded under a little so there was really no tab to accidentally grab when going for the top one. It keeps you from pulling too many off at the same time. Pull the top one off and the tab popped up for the next one.

Laminated are good to have when its raining or really soupy mud. Water and such can't get between them. As for normal tear offs go to cheaptearoffs.com. 50 tear offs for 12$ and shipping is quick and like 2-3 dollars.