What are my exhaust options?

I have a full Jardine RT5 exhaust and the rear plate and carbon fiber tip fell off on the trail...somewhere. Jardine wants $111 for replacement parts. Would another brand exhaust slip on my oversized exhaust pipe in the same place? I doubt an OEM 450R pipe is the same diameter

Don't think a new system is what he's looking for Krannie. Obviously he doesn't want to spend the money otherwise he would have bought a new tip before asking for advice.

Would love to help but I don't think you have any other options really if money is a factor. Can't imagine any other tips fitting.

..Now that I think of it, you don't remember the bike suddenly sounding louder while riding? If the trails aren't being ridden a ton I'd say you have a good chance of finding it.

Edited by MossyOak

I have a full Jardine RT5 exhaust and the rear plate and carbon fiber tip fell off on the trail...somewhere. Jardine wants $111 for replacement parts. Would another brand exhaust slip on my oversized exhaust pipe in the same place? I doubt an OEM 450R pipe is the same diameter

See if you can get specs for OD and ID on your header.

They won't warranty it?

I didn't notice it running any louder because I was wearing ear plugs. I reroad all 40 miles of trails the other day looking for the parts, I found the carbon fiber tip. But...I apparently I lost it on the way out there and ran over it on the way back....crap. Basically what I want to do is maybe put a FMF muffler on to the jardine header. I was asking if all headers are the same length and it would mate up nice. If I'm spending $111 for just the tip and installing it on a 4 or more year old muffler( that I don't like the sound of) I would actually rather spend an extra $150 and get a new FMF slip on

Edited by narf_44

I didn't notice it running any louder because I was wearing ear plugs.

I do that too , sensitive ears, even with a stock X can on mine- everything echoes in tight trees and makes it seem louder

---- but as for the tip , Perhaps a local fab shop could make you something? just spitballin' --- don't know how much less than $111 though, if any

Why didn't I think of that?!! I have made my own skid plate, radiator guards and headlight. I have access to a welding and all the material. I'll do that, then "try" to repair th carbon fiber tip with some fiberglass on the inside of it.

Edit: well 2 hrs of work, made a new SS tip and fiberglassed CF tip up for free

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by narf_44

Very nice work.  Were any of the screw threads damaged from the old screws backing out?

Yeah ... Good Job