IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Can you use a octane booster in a carbed for stroke 04 crf 450?

I was just reading another thread topic and somebody was talking about running octane booster in there 4 stroke and while im sure its ok i just wanted to make sure? I wouldn't mind using since it would a hell of a lot cheaper then race fuel.

1368636786720.jpg

I would read the label before you think octane boosters are going to do anything for you. Most octane boosters only raise the octane by a tiny amount.

• Like 1

I have some Ultra High Friction Multiplying Snake Oil with powerband enhancing super-photons I'd sell you. I make it myself. Only $300/liter. Good for about 15hp.

Your results may vary.

• Like 1

I have some Ultra High Friction Multiplying Snake Oil with powerband enhancing super-photons I'd sell you. I make it myself. Only $300/liter. Good for about 15hp.

Your results may vary.

Awesome

Your results may vary.

Really thats awesome!! Ill take it. But I already have some double horse power enhancer made with &%$#@! you and your not funny!

Really thats awesome!! Ill take it. But I already have some double horse power enhancer made with &%$#@! you and your not funny!

This has been covered a million times. Octane booster does not make a noticable increase of octane. It pretty much is snake oil.

Modern thumpers run fine on pump premium, even when the compression is raised. A highly oxygenated race gas, like VP U4.4 can produce slightly more power, but it's expensive, a hassle to deal with and only a top pro really needs the small edge it provides.

Octane boosters are a total rip-off. They only raise the octane by a few 1/10th's, which are called "points". For example, when you add octane booster to 93 octane pump gas and the label says it raises the octane "4 points" you are only getting 93.4 octane fuel.

2-strokes are another story. You don't have to raise the compression much before you run into detonation issues, and some stock 2-strokes ping on pump gas. A high octane race fuel like VP C12, is the standard for modified 2-strokes. I don't run anything cheaper than 100LL avgas in any of my 2-strokes, even the stock ones.

Edited by CamP

haha dude chill. octane boosters do absolutely nothing but waste your money

Will it Run cleaner would been a better question? Or Will it goop up

I'm not sure what you mean by 'cleaner'.

But no, it won't do ANYTHING.

If you want something good, use Oxygenated Fuel from VP.

You just need some toluene and xylene to raise octane.

But people run 91 in 13.5-1 thumpers.

If you slow down the burn without adjusting things like ignition timing its just no good! No reason to even mess around it will run fine on 91.

If you slow down the burn without adjusting things like ignition timing its just no good! No reason to even mess around it will run fine on 91.

The Toluene works pretty good, the Xylene not so much. Not sure why the Xylene doesnt work as well, but Ive messed with it to see. The problem is meth heads use Toluene to cook thier shit and now getting it is next to impossible regardless of why you want it.

if you can find it, the only effective octane booster Ive ever seen was PJ1, and it was mostly Toluene.

But that 104 crap is a flame retardant, not an actual octane booster. It will retard detonation, but it does so by killing the heat in the cylinder, which is what pushes the piston down...so guess what you end up with?

Run xylene in.my.1989 Pontiac 20 th anniversary tta no Issues at 20 lbs of boost

Edited by openclasspro

Hi, what ratio do you recomend, Toluene/ 93 octane, for my CR 250 ?

cheers

Matt

if you know where to buy Toluene please let me know! i searched and made several calls and finaly found one place that would order it for me but the shipping was almost as much as the product. breaking down the price it would be more economical to mix VP with pump gas for the same boost in numbers.

Octane buster is just for making funny colors on your plug or piston. All Junk. You want to do your motor some good use Marvels Mystery Oil Dont know that it will help with the octane but it will make your rings Happy Happy Happy. Cap full per tank. Works wonders.

Racing fuel and octane boost aren't worth the $$$. Be aware that racing fuels, or even fuels from different areas of the country, can change jetting requirements.

I run race gas in my bike not for the power gain but for the storage capability. I run a 50/50 mix of u44 and 91. buy 5 gallons mix it and get 10. Now I have gas for a long ass time and it wont turn. I have had the same can since feb. No problems what so ever. I ride and race like every week though. But for piece of mind Its totally worth it. I know my bike has crisp fuel. I get 5 gal for around $70 here in cali If I was to buy 10gallons of 91 at like mobile or something it would cost me $50. whats 20 more for better quallity?

just my 2cc