DSCN1785_zpsc1946312.jpg

Here is a pic of the 250L throttle tube. I'm installing new grips but no handguards at this time. Do I need to grind off the nubs on the tube to make it smooth and also grind down the grip retaining flange that sits near the switchgear so the new grips will slide on all the way since they won't have the groove in them to slide up and over the flange?

• Like 1

you don't need to grind off the nubs. Grips will go on over them. The grips shouldn't be long enough to even get to the flange so I wouldn't grind that either

Foxbrook, you're absolutely correct! When the Pillow Top grips showed up today, I measured them against the stock grips and they are indeed shorter and just do butt up against the flange when installed so I don't see a need to grind down the flange. Same way with the raised nubs on the throttle tube.....I just left them alone. Just pull the old grips off and install the new ones.....simple as that!

• Like 2

here's my other thing about that inner flange... i surely would not grind it off or modify it... that is the only thing stopping the softer grip from smooshing against the ignition... if i hold my hand against the inside of my grip, my grip itself will prevent the throttle tube from twisting... i just took pics.. lol don't mind the stencil on my fingers... it's hard to get off... hahaha

IMG_20130517_243656_952.jpg

IMG_20130517_243709_416.jpg

my grips are apparently very very squishy... hahaha

IMG_20130517_243729_782.jpg

and i don't know why, but i put a doughnut in between here, but it made it nice and soft on the inside... and keeps crap out i guess..

IMG_20130517_243448_390.jpg

• Like 3

here's my other thing about that inner flange... i surely would not grind it off or modify it... that is the only thing stopping the softer grip from smooshing against the ignition... if i hold my hand against the inside of my grip, my grip itself will prevent the throttle tube from twisting... i just took pics.. lol don't mind the stencil on my fingers... it's hard to get off... hahaha

my grips are apparently very very squishy... hahaha

and i don't know why, but i put a doughnut in between here, but it made it nice and soft on the inside... and keeps crap out i guess..

Nice post !!! ?

• Like 2