Sign in to follow this  

2006 sm engine is gone ideas?

So my stepsons 2006 drz400sm engine is dead. 2 bent exhaust valves and the exhaust cam and head journal are torn up. Plus a few dents in the piston! So I'm looking for ideas? BB kit and hot cams? All the parts would be around $1,500. Or I found a running 2001 400 for $1300. With hot cams and FMF full exhaust. Is that the correct carb that is good? Thanks for any ideas or input!

So my stepsons 2006 drz400sm engine is dead. 2 bent exhaust valves and the exhaust cam and head journal are torn up. Plus a few dents in the piston! So I'm looking for ideas? BB kit and hot cams? All the parts would be around $1,500. Or I found a running 2001 400 for $1300. With hot cams and FMF full exhaust. Is that the correct carb that is good? Thanks for any ideas or input!

2001 DRZ400 WHAT? S, E or Kicker?

If the E or Kicker (DRZ400) then it should have a FCR39. As to the carb being "good" or not.... no telling from what you have posted. ..12 year old carb... low hours stored well could be fine.. stored poorly or high use., could be junk.

Haven't seen it in person but it looks well cared for and it's a kick start. Just had it in a shop for a tune up and carb overhaul.

Haven't seen it in person but it looks well cared for and it's a kick start. Just had it in a shop for a tune up and carb overhaul.

If it runs well and you're looking for a kick start only..... that's not a bad price at all :thumbsup: