Sign in to follow this  

Anyone got any leads on someone selling a nice motovan?

Trying to see if I can find someone selling a motovan that is already all done up. Looking for something real nice, not anything from the 90's. Trying to get as new as possible with the least amount of miles.

What do you guys think of this one: Its a 2005 with about 93k miles. Extended.Has the 4.8 v8 ( was looking for a 5.3 kinda). Guy bought it in 2008 from a flower company, and used it since as a moto van. Has the walls insulated, a track system with wheel chocks, couple captain chairs. Said its real clean and runs great. Getting out of riding is the reason hes selling. I can get it for around $6,000 (maybe). I was hoping to find something around a 2010+ and with low miles, but cant find any good deals. What do you guys think of the captain chairs? Never seen it done like that before, had a bench in my last motovan.

59523B1D-7681-4121-AFCE-AEC06A9D421C-5551-000004442B6EE4C6.jpg

293FA166-BA0B-4432-882B-A1C6D3AF4DE5-5551-0000044446ED9F3A.jpg

6A13EEA2-195C-44E3-A8E9-2D9CCED24F8E-5551-000004440B2CDDBA.jpg

Found something today, actually found it a few months ago. Its a 2009 Ford extended with the 4.6. Has 60k miles, power windows and locks. I think all the owner has done is rhino lined the van, added a bench seat, 3 wheel chocks, and wheels. This is almost exactly what I was looking for, kinda wanted the bigger V8 though. Only thing I would do to this motovan is ad a new cd player, and a drop down DVD player from the ceiling.

What would you guys value this van for? Im trying to find a Van that is a good price without counting the motovan stuff, then have all the extras count as a bonus. KBB very good is $14,900, NADA clean retail is $16,000. Looking at similiar vans I could probaly get one for $13,000 same year and miles. They guy is asking $16,500. Not sure what to offer. I think $13,000 would be fair, but I dont think he would go for it, doesnt seem to be in a rush to sell.

2009Van.jpg

VanFrontInterior.jpg

VanBackInteriorView.jpg

tn.jpg

I have a Ford E250 with the 5.4. I would really try to stay with the 5.4 if you can. I pull a 6x10 enclosed sometimes and I would hate to do it with a smaller engine.

Man, that rhino lining has got to be worth SOMETHING....probably cost a couple thousand to have it done....other than that..."meh" it's just a cargo van with 3 ($20 a piece) wheel chocks in it. I also would look for a van with the 5.4, especially at that price point...or less...OR (if you can find one) a V10. They ( the 5.4 & the v10) really are going to get the same fuel mileage, this is (of course) comparing 3/4/1 ton vans. I would suggest taking your time and finding the right van for you. I have always used "passenger" vans for hauling my bikes around as they can be found for the same price and include the seats and everything else you might want (like a CD player, power windows and locks, carpet) and tend to be quieter when driving.

Think ill pass on the ford. The rhino lining wasn't even done professionally, Probaly done with a few cans of the stuff from Walmart. I offered them 13k, but they seem firm on 16k. So gonna pass. If anyone else is interested ill provide the contact info for the van, it's not listed so it'll be for sale awhile.

Never really been a fan of the passenger vans, just don't like the way they look with the windows.

Going to take a look at the Chevy. Guy will sell it for 6k. Looking around, that year and miles 6k is a good deal.

I like the 09 and it looks ready to go. The $13k is close but I would prefer the 5.4 as well. For what its worth to you, I just drove a '08 10 pass van with a 7 x 14 trailer to Louisville Ky for my sons band. It ran flawlessly and pulled well. They got it for $13k. They have not had any mechanical issues at all and they put miles on it in 5000 mile chunks.

Anyone have opinions on the 2005 Chevy? Sounds like a good deal, just wish it was a 5.3. Its got brand new tires too. May go check it out next weekend. He said hell do $6,000 for me, but he wont hold it for me, and its about 4 hours from me.

So the 2005 sold before I had a chance to get there. I offered $14,000 for the 2009 ford motovan and they said no, seems like it would take $16 to get it from them. I was talking to a dealer, and I can get a 2012 ford e250 (not extended) with the 4.6, power windows and doors, 10,000 miles for $19,000 OTD. Kinda considering going this route since I cant find anything.

No one knows someone with a sweet motovan they want to sell?

Don't be fooled by milage.

Check this out.

Custom from top to bottom.

1993 Ford E-350 460ci(7.5 litre).

Qualitex captains chairs

Custom denim interior with Wilsonart laminates thru out

Built in aluminum ramp

Black and White lenolium flooring front to back(1 piece-everything built on top of it)

Custom fold-up tables in garage area

Pocket door between garage and lounge area(my favorite of all designs-takes up no floor space like swing doors)

Custom windows(sliders) and have an extra we will throw in.

2nd battery operates everything 12volt inside,battery under hood only operates the starter and head lights

Honda RV4010(4000 watt) gen-set (250.4 hours) with remote start gets fuel from truck tank and will only drink down to 1/4 tank(so you don't strand yourself with an empty tank)

Carrier a/c with heat strip

Alcoa Aluminum wheels with Michelin Highway Rib tires

New front disc and rebuilt calipers with pads,

New rear brake shoes,rebuilt brake cylinders and turned drums,

Complete brake fluid flush

7.5(460ci)gas engine,

Banks filter charger and cold air intake

Syntec oil change,T-Tec transmission oil change(complete oil change,not a drain and fill)

fresh rear-end fluid

Air suspension springs front and rear

New shocks front and rear

14ft Carefree of Colorado built on awning

Whelen ambulance scene lights on each of the sides

All new clearance light lenses front,sides and rear

Thermostatic 3 speed Exhaust Fan in garage area

Set up to haul 3-bikes(2 forward,1 backwards)with Ancra floor mounted ties

We have driven this from Dallas,Tx. to Florida twice,Tennessee twice,Colorado,New Mexico twice,Oklahoma a few times. One trip I made was to the Terlingua Ranch in southwest Texas(about 650 miles from Dallas) with 5 guys and gear, 3 bikes inside and 3 in a 12ft enclosed trailer.

Loves to sit on 80mph on the highway.

Got 28k in it plus the 1000 hours it took to design and build. Bullet proof 460ci ,does not drink a drop of oil and will run all day(I know because we ran it 16+hours straight driving to Florida). I bought it with 107,000 miles on it from Ryder. Fleet serviced for the begining of its life and I have been anal about oil changes and service since we got it. 149,000+ miles now and going up. Gas milage is dependent on how much you run the generator. In less than 5 minutes my pit is set up with my bike on the stand with the awning out. Its a great truck but we want something bigger(motorhome with bathroom and kitchen).

It would cost over $60k to build another like this.

DSC00142_1.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

There are alot of junk boxvans out there and this isn't one of them.

Thanks for looking!

Don't be fooled by milage.

Check this out.

Custom from top to bottom.

1993 Ford E-350 460ci(7.5 litre).

Qualitex captains chairs

Custom denim interior with Wilsonart laminates thru out

Built in aluminum ramp

Black and White lenolium flooring front to back(1 piece-everything built on top of it)

Custom fold-up tables in garage area

Pocket door between garage and lounge area(my favorite of all designs-takes up no floor space like swing doors)

Custom windows(sliders) and have an extra we will throw in.

2nd battery operates everything 12volt inside,battery under hood only operates the starter and head lights

Honda RV4010(4000 watt) gen-set (250.4 hours) with remote start gets fuel from truck tank and will only drink down to 1/4 tank(so you don't strand yourself with an empty tank)

Carrier a/c with heat strip

Alcoa Aluminum wheels with Michelin Highway Rib tires

New front disc and rebuilt calipers with pads,

New rear brake shoes,rebuilt brake cylinders and turned drums,

Complete brake fluid flush

7.5(460ci)gas engine,

Banks filter charger and cold air intake

Syntec oil change,T-Tec transmission oil change(complete oil change,not a drain and fill)

fresh rear-end fluid

Air suspension springs front and rear

New shocks front and rear

14ft Carefree of Colorado built on awning

Whelen ambulance scene lights on each of the sides

All new clearance light lenses front,sides and rear

Thermostatic 3 speed Exhaust Fan in garage area

Set up to haul 3-bikes(2 forward,1 backwards)with Ancra floor mounted ties

We have driven this from Dallas,Tx. to Florida twice,Tennessee twice,Colorado,New Mexico twice,Oklahoma a few times. One trip I made was to the Terlingua Ranch in southwest Texas(about 650 miles from Dallas) with 5 guys and gear, 3 bikes inside and 3 in a 12ft enclosed trailer.

Loves to sit on 80mph on the highway.

Got 28k in it plus the 1000 hours it took to design and build. Bullet proof 460ci ,does not drink a drop of oil and will run all day(I know because we ran it 16+hours straight driving to Florida). I bought it with 107,000 miles on it from Ryder. Fleet serviced for the begining of its life and I have been anal about oil changes and service since we got it. 149,000+ miles now and going up. Gas milage is dependent on how much you run the generator. In less than 5 minutes my pit is set up with my bike on the stand with the awning out. Its a great truck but we want something bigger(motorhome with bathroom and kitchen).

It would cost over $60k to build another like this.

DSC00142_1.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

There are alot of junk boxvans out there and this isn't one of them.

Thanks for looking!

Thats a pretty sweet set up, sure you want more that I would want to spend on it though. Im also looking for a Van to be my daily driver.

Was at the nationals at Thunder Valley today and saw Sooo many sweet motovans in the pits.

Stick with a v8 engine at least. No matter the brand. Gas mileage is horrible with these things so you just want all the power you can get. Also look into getting a cage or something that separates the cargo area from the driver area. A 220 lb bike in a accident will kill you very quickly.

• Like 1

Stick with a v8 engine at least. No matter the brand. Gas mileage is horrible with these things so you just want all the power you can get. Also look into getting a cage or something that separates the cargo area from the driver area. A 220 lb bike in a accident will kill you very quickly.

I never really thought about a wall in terms of safety. I never really got the point of a wall, I liked on my last van being able to walk in the back and stuff, and fumes never were an for me issue.

Found a new motovan online today that Im thinking about. Its a 2008 Chevy express extended with a 4.8. Doesnt have power windows or locks. Has 92k miles, and guy says its great mechanical shape. Tires an wheels only have 3k miles on them. Its all set up. One thing I dont like is it doesnt have seat belts for the rear seat though. Hes asking $12,000. What do you guys think? Ill have to ship this van to me though if I get it. I was at the Thunder Valley Motocross national yesterday and saw so many awesome motovans in the pits.

986B6B9B-A035-4991-98B2-D79280671A1E-6800-000007E92E0A81CF.jpg

C6B47208-E144-4871-A649-253D3571EBED-6800-000007E932CA7E73.jpg

EC25EFCE-FCAE-41C8-B181-B19936F6D9BF-6800-000007E937B44E6A.jpg

8B65CBE0-59C7-4615-931A-265CF49CEECE-6800-000007E935343472.jpg

A wall is very nice for keeping the heat and A/c in the front. Driving a van in the winter in Colorado, you will be at work long before the heat gets a chance to heat up that entire space. Same with A/C in the summer.

A wall is very nice for keeping the heat and A/c in the front. Driving a van in the winter in Colorado, you will be at work long before the heat gets a chance to heat up that entire space. Same with A/C in the summer.

My last 1997 Chevy Express did fine in the winter here, heated up the whole van nicely. Sold it in February before it got hot though. The thing I dont like about the walls is my kids like to make a bed in the back, and with a wall if I was to put a small door or pet door like thing in the wall, with no AC in the back, it would be scorching in the summer.

My e350 extended has a wall,I wouldn't want to have a van without one. I wouldn't buy a van without a v8 period. Ours has a 5.4 and almost gets 18mpg sitting on 75mph. Just got back from a trip to Florida(929 miles one way in 14 hours).

Will sell you my boxvan for 15k,thats a bargan.....no one is building them anymore.

Found a new motovan online today that Im thinking about. Its a 2008 Chevy express extended with a 4.8. Doesnt have power windows or locks. Has 92k miles, and guy says its great mechanical shape. Tires an wheels only have 3k miles on them. Its all set up. One thing I dont like is it doesnt have seat belts for the rear seat though. Hes asking $12,000. What do you guys think? Ill have to ship this van to me though if I get it. I was at the Thunder Valley Motocross national yesterday and saw so many awesome motovans in the pits.

986B6B9B-A035-4991-98B2-D79280671A1E-6800-000007E92E0A81CF.jpg

C6B47208-E144-4871-A649-253D3571EBED-6800-000007E932CA7E73.jpg

EC25EFCE-FCAE-41C8-B181-B19936F6D9BF-6800-000007E937B44E6A.jpg

8B65CBE0-59C7-4615-931A-265CF49CEECE-6800-000007E935343472.jpg

Bought my extended e350 with pw,cruise/tilt etc(wouldn't buy a van without power windows,tilt,cruise,and a v8).,63k on the clock for $6500 2 years ago. I did have to build an interior but that was no prob.

My e350 extended has a wall,I wouldn't want to have a van without one. I wouldn't buy a van without a v8 period. Ours has a 5.4 and almost gets 18mpg sitting on 75mph. Just got back from a trip to Florida(929 miles one way in 14 hours).

Will sell you my boxvan for 15k,thats a bargan.....no one is building them anymore.

What year e350 did you get for $6500? If I go with a ford id prefer a 2009 and up (newer design). It seems impossible to find a 2009 and up ford extended with the 5.4, I can find passenger vans all day.

Deffinitly wont get a van without cruise control though.

You box van is sweet. Not quite what Im looking for though at the moment.