Ktm 125sx

A lot of variables to look into. So the bike was OK on compression and you did a top end job but now it is low? A little more detail would help narrow things down. What piston kit did you use? Verify you have the piston pointing the right direction, arrow pointing to the exhaust port. Verify rings are installed right, Vertex letter is up. Make sure you torqued the base nut to the cylinder down. There are a few basics to check out.

Joe.........

All what those guys say, plus did you measure ring end gap, piston to cylinder clearance, cylinder out of round and all the points that your manual tells you to measure within the . cylinder. Cylinders typically wear most at the top of the stroke since that's where all the energy is expended. Kinda like an ice cream cone shape in thousands of an inch. what were your compression numbers?

got spark and are timming marks lined up. are reeds in good condtion? Nothing missing? Last guy missed two screws holding the reeds in place. Would not start. was in the carb half a dozen times! Then check that gas comes out of fuel line to carb, then tip bike way over and see if gas comes out of the over flow. Use an open flame to make sure its gas and not water (joking) LOL. Those are simple tests (less checking the reeds). if these fail, dive into the carb. THis would be what I would do, but then again I've made my fair share of mistakes!