Kickstart is frozen after timing adjustment

One of my buddies picked up an 06 rmz 450 probably a few months ago. The bike ran twice and he claimed that while he was riding it the back backfired and something sounded loose in the motor and the bike died. Ever since the bike would not start, backfire once in a while but besides that nothing. We decided to adjust the timing and it was completely off and we got everything aligned as the manual said and did everything i did to my bike when the timing was off. After this he went to kickstart the bike and first kick didnt sound to good then second the kickstart jammed halfway down and wont move anymore...clearly we did something wrong but we dont know. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Yes if the valve breaks it falls down and jams between the piston and top end the engine can´t turn around when you kick.

damn. How much would that be?

Yep. Sounds like you dropped a valve, but you wont know till you pull the head off. Be prepaired for the worst in this case, its probably not going to be good

lol jesus christ. that picture/video summed it up nice

Also when you take it apart inspect the relation ship of the cam gear to the cam lobes, if the timing jumped and the piston hit the valve it can spin the cam gear on the cam shaft and then you need to get new cams or get the gear realined at a dealer.

Also when you take it apart inspect the relation ship of the cam gear to the cam lobes, if the timing jumped and the piston hit the valve it can spin the cam gear on the cam shaft and then you need to get new cams or get the gear realined at a dealer.

great..whats the price on how much this will be do you think

As far as price, its gunna be new valves, piston, and probabbly valve seats redone and its a good day if thats all you need. Chances are it damaged the head, cylinder, and possibily the cams like i said. You wont know till you take it apart, i have a 2005-2007 pdf manual i can email you if you dont have one already

if the timing jumped before and all you did was retime the cams you did nothing to fix the problem, which was either stretched cam chain or tensioner was loose or both. most likely it jumped time again and the valves are open when the piston is at tdc. you will likely need a new camchain and at least 2 valves and prob a piston

if the timing jumped before and all you did was retime the cams you did nothing to fix the problem, which was either stretched cam chain or tensioner was loose or both. most likely it jumped time again and the valves are open when the piston is at tdc. you will likely need a new camchain and at least 2 valves and prob a piston

thanks for the help! Ill see what it is within the next few days. I guess we should of had help from my dad in the first place finding the problem ourselves.

the tensioner.. when we tried to loosen the cam chain by adjusting that the chain never got any looser so do you think that might be a problem also?

As far as price, its gunna be new valves, piston, and probabbly valve seats redone and its a good day if thats all you need. Chances are it damaged the head, cylinder, and possibily the cams like i said. You wont know till you take it apart, i have a 2005-2007 pdf manual i can email you if you dont have one already

. Could you email me it i would appreciate it