Erik Marquez

"Da List": DR-Z400 Popular Parts List

117 posts in this topic

does tt sell the ssw fcr high clearance choke assembly?

Edited by 707LAKE
1 person likes this

Could call it the "50hp package".?....I know Eddie used to advert this way...I don't think he could put a copyright on the term.. :thinking:

It would be great if the install instructions were posted with the products. That way, I could see what I was getting myself into in advance :) . Plus it helps to determine what tools are needed. Nothing worse than settling in for an install and finding out that you are missing critical tool(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

3 people like this

See something missing? Make a suggestion! :)

Personally i would like a switch that keeps the bike running but turns off all lights. Head lights, brake lights, turn signal , and speedometer. I had one on my 73 kawasaki served me well many of time...

5 people like this

Personally i would like a switch that keeps the bike running but turns off all lights. Head lights, brake lights, turn signal , and speedometer. I had one on my 73 kawasaki served me well many of time...

Excellent for ditching the law at night......hahahaha

7 people like this

I'm not sure what everyone's using but I can't find lever purches for the drz sm anywhere. I want to replace my stock that have the mirror holes in them with somthing that looks better. Anyone know of any ?

As of now, we are the only dealer offering P 3 Composites Bi-Color carbon fiber skid plates for the DR-Z400!

More info:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/P3-Composites-Bi-Color-Weave-Carbon-Fiber-Skid-Plate-DR-Z400-308070-308070-p2006835395.html

3458643.PNG

holy cow, a part that is offered for us green guys!!!  TEMPTING...   :devil:

1 person likes this

Have the triple clamp mounts been added? Can't seem to find them

So, you're looking for a set of Cycra ProBend handguards + the triple clamp mounts? Or, just the mounts themselves? If both, what color on the handguards?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Despise
      Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.
      Basically I require the bush/bearing that sits in the crank arm on the small end. (the bush sleeve, bronze, brass thing, whatever you call it)
      Im based in the UK and Im having a hard time of finding a replacement.

long story short, the bike acquired an oil leak while on a long journey and ended up running low on oil. I've stripped the engine, and everything is good apart from the piston and cylinder. I can't feel any play in the small end rod bush but it is marked and I'm changing it more for peace of mind than anything else.

ps: I realise the bush maybe marked due to the softer material insert? I'm used to looking at cranks without this bush.
      (connecting rod)

example

• By Bryan Payne
      2007 DRZ-400e - I have lately had a weird engine noise coming from inside the engine at exactly 4800 - 5000 rpm. It is like a high vibration / grinding noise. I have done some digging on forums on TT but nothing seems to have quiet the same problem. The noise is going up and down gears, but only once the engine is hot. 
      I have ordered a MCCT incase it is the Cam-Chain (though a cam-chain could make noise through all rpm) but has anyone else had this problem or a big enough gear head to give some advice on what to check?
      Bike has done around 20,000km's.

Any help is greatly appreciated guys!!
    • By DRZ_Abbott
      Looking for info on an H4 LED bulb replacement. I'm not looking to use the 4x6 headlights many have used. I'll be doing the KLX450 headlight/fairing mod.
      Looks like eBay has a bunch of options, but to use with stock DRZ wiring what wattage/specs am I looking for? Anyone had success/nightmares? 
      Looking at something like this:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-H4-6500K-COB-LED-Motorcycle-Hi-Lo-Fog-Lamp-Headlight-Bulb-For-Moto-RH/292243629220?hash=item440b13e4a4:g:mxwAAOSwJ~RZsOJ4&vxp=mtr
    • By Kracker
      Howdy,

hopefully someone can drop some knowledge on me.
      Please try to follow as im not much of a writer, im probably going to be all over the place....bear with me. 

I installed a custom "FLOWPRO" fcr mx 39 on a drz400sm :"3x3 & full GPR exhaus, no tps connected"
      WOT it runs and pulls perfectly, as expected. 
      1/8th-1/4 its sputtering like crazy or if im just cruising at a constant speed after a second or two it spudders until i crack it open.
      I had the A/f mixture screw and 2-3 turns out and it was sputtering like crazy anywhere from 1/8th throttle to 1/4th or just cruising at a constant speed. So i turned it all the way in and it ran much better, but its still happening, which leads me to believe it is too rich?
      I ran it without the airbox and it ran better that with it on there but not a significant difference.
      It has a new air filter and sparkplug looks good. It was running perfectly this morning with the mikuni on. 
      Jetting spec:
      Idle jet #40
      Main jet #155
      Main air jet #200
      Idle air jet #75
      Choke jet #75
      Needle ELQ 4th clip from top, "was on third but ran much worse, the guy that built it said to drop it one more clip to see if that helps, It did help a good bit but still not perfect"

other than the spudder at 1/8 throttle and having to have the AF all the way in it runs great. WTF. 

I tried to give as much info as possible, let me know if theres anything i missed. 

• By Waz Hoare
      Hi, 
      working on an 84 PE full floater, which needs a rear shock to really go off road. Looked everywhere and there’s nothing out there. Does anyone know if an RM one will fit? If so what year and model??
      cheers in advance
      Waz