Erik Marquez

"Da List": DR-Z400 Popular Parts List

117 posts in this topic

New products!

US spec DRC Edge2 Tail Light Holder for the Suzuki DR-Z400S/SM, exclusively at the ThumperTalk Store. :ride:

You can learn more here (just click into the products (there are two):

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/DRZ-Lighting-Electrical-c4909/

attachicon.gif3_4_right_regular01.jpg

attachicon.gif3_4_right_smoked01.jpg

attachicon.gif3_4_top_right_mount01.jpg

Would love to have the new mount but hard to justify and extra 40buck plus shipping. Wish I could have waited a few months!

Would love to have the new mount but hard to justify and extra 40buck plus shipping. Wish I could have waited a few months!

Fair enough. We just wanted to offer the bracket as a stand-alone piece as well for those that wanted to up grade.

1 person likes this

Hey for those of you who like the notorious IMS 2.6 gallon tank in "White" I had IMS make a few of them, I received mine last week! Definitely recommend for supermoto and people competing off-road! 274 shipped. You'll have to call customer service to order a white tank and they have at least 5 ready!

The picture included is not my bike but the same tank! This is Eddie's DRZ 475 TT!

Does the tank get the fuel lower on the bike? Or just a plastic tank?

I'm looking for a set of blue plastics for my 01 DRZ400S, I don't care if they are scratched, used, or brand new. Can somebody lead me to where I can make my DRZ OEM blue? Thank you, much appreciated. I attached a picture of what I am trying to make it look like. 

drzblue.jpg

I'm looking for a set of blue plastics for my 01 DRZ400S, I don't care if they are scratched, used, or brand new. Can somebody lead me to where I can make my DRZ OEM blue? Thank you, much appreciated. I attached a picture of what I am trying to make it look like. 

Bike Bandit shows having OEM blue plastic. They're pretty proud of them though.

I'm fascinated that the float valve assembly (with O-ring) is not offered on the DRZ 400 parts page. 

1 person likes this

Just wondering if there is a way to get a tacho and temp gauge (digital) on to the 400e (Australia)?

Cheers

Just wondering if there is a way to get a tacho and temp gauge (digital) on to the 400e (Australia)?

Cheers

Yes,  there is., 

temporary_zps283d0431.jpg

1 person likes this

Yes, there is.,

temporary_zps283d0431.jpg

This looks great

Is that a gps and music player as well?

Can you tell me where to get the temp and tacho gauges?

Cheers

Chasing a second set of rims that I can put off-road tyres on.

Would prefer not to pay $1200 for excel rims and considering I only do maybe 6 trips in the dirt a year at the moment I just want something that is cheap but won't snap

Any thoughts, links etc?

eBay are all just new rims

1 person likes this

Chasing a second set of rims that I can put off-road tyres on.

Would prefer not to pay $1200 for excel rims and considering I only do maybe 6 trips in the dirt a year at the moment I just want something that is cheap but won't snap

Any thoughts, links etc?

eBay are all just new rims

Watch Ebay/Craigslist. Other Australian trade sites

EDIT: or a bike you can buy and part out. not a horrible way to get an extra engine.

Edited by Mechanicalmind496

Has anyone ordered mrd exhaust and did it actually take 6 weeks to get to you?

Spoke to Dave via email....he racks out two pipes a day and I was currently 60th on his list. give or take 6 weeks.
1 person likes this

Spoke to Dave via email....he racks out two pipes a day and I was currently 60th on his list. give or take 6 weeks.

Took about 6 weeks to get mine, well worth the wait!

Took about 6 weeks to get mine, well worth the wait!

Yea I am pretty stoked about it to. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Day

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By DRZ_Abbott
      Looking for info on an H4 LED bulb replacement. I'm not looking to use the 4x6 headlights many have used. I'll be doing the KLX450 headlight/fairing mod.
      Looks like eBay has a bunch of options, but to use with stock DRZ wiring what wattage/specs am I looking for? Anyone had success/nightmares? 
      Looking at something like this:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-H4-6500K-COB-LED-Motorcycle-Hi-Lo-Fog-Lamp-Headlight-Bulb-For-Moto-RH/292243629220?hash=item440b13e4a4:g:mxwAAOSwJ~RZsOJ4&vxp=mtr
    • By Kracker
      Howdy,

hopefully someone can drop some knowledge on me.
      Please try to follow as im not much of a writer, im probably going to be all over the place....bear with me. 

I installed a custom "FLOWPRO" fcr mx 39 on a drz400sm :"3x3 & full GPR exhaus, no tps connected"
      WOT it runs and pulls perfectly, as expected. 
      1/8th-1/4 its sputtering like crazy or if im just cruising at a constant speed after a second or two it spudders until i crack it open.
      I had the A/f mixture screw and 2-3 turns out and it was sputtering like crazy anywhere from 1/8th throttle to 1/4th or just cruising at a constant speed. So i turned it all the way in and it ran much better, but its still happening, which leads me to believe it is too rich?
      I ran it without the airbox and it ran better that with it on there but not a significant difference.
      It has a new air filter and sparkplug looks good. It was running perfectly this morning with the mikuni on. 
      Jetting spec:
      Idle jet #40
      Main jet #155
      Main air jet #200
      Idle air jet #75
      Choke jet #75
      Needle ELQ 4th clip from top, "was on third but ran much worse, the guy that built it said to drop it one more clip to see if that helps, It did help a good bit but still not perfect"

other than the spudder at 1/8 throttle and having to have the AF all the way in it runs great. WTF. 

I tried to give as much info as possible, let me know if theres anything i missed. 

• By Waz Hoare
      Hi, 
      working on an 84 PE full floater, which needs a rear shock to really go off road. Looked everywhere and there’s nothing out there. Does anyone know if an RM one will fit? If so what year and model??
      cheers in advance
      Waz
    • By Kor3y101
      Located in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia. 4305.

Up for sale is my 2010 DRZ400E! This is the almighty reliable, can-do-anything, dual sport torquey thumper!
      $3800 (AUD) FIRM.
      It is fairly stock;
      - bark busters
      - exhaust baffle removed
      - 50/50 adventure tyres
      - airbox restrictor removed
      - carby jetting to suit the removed resitrictors
      - tail tidy with KTM style indicators on the rear
      - RMZ style front fender
      - Renthal handlebars
      - Comes with a spare set of Michelin AC10 DOT approved knobbies with heaps of tread
      ** Please note; Quadlock mount is NOT included with the motorbike **
      It comes with the stock fender and tail tidy also should you wish to put them back on
      It has recently been fully serviced by myself.
      - It has brand new oil (less than 100km ago)
      - Brand new oil filter (also comes with another brand new genuine filter for it's next change, it's cheaper when you buy 2 or more)
      - Coolant flushed and new long life oolant put back in
      - Battery was replaced less than 3 months ago
      - Valves have been checked and adjusted to correct spec (have receipt to show this done less than 200km ago)
      The bike has a few marks and blemishes from being a dual sport and having the inevitable fall when off-road. (Pictures show this)
      However overall it is in decent condition and pulls like a freight train with no issues pulling a wheelie in 1-3rd gear (if you dare!)
      The tyres are fantastic for the road and stick like no tomorrow, offroad they perform well in all but deep sand and mud.
      The speedo is very multi-function which is great for trail riding and road usage.
      It has a 10L fuel tank, with normal riding I get about 180KM before needing reserve, which will get you to the 200km mark. So it's pretty good on fuel!
      It starts very easily every time and runs really well.
      Definitely not one to pass by!
      It will come with a RWC once I have a buyer.
      It has rego until 27/03/2018 so plenty of time to ride until it runs out!
      It also has 4x keys in total as the originals are slightly bent, so there are 2 new straight keys as well as the originals (which still work, just didn't want to risk breaking them off)
      I am selling it because as fantastic as it is, I don't get time to take it off roading and really have fun with it. (I have 2 children under 2 years old) so I am looking to get a road bike with 2 seats Instead.
      Would swap for a Yamaha MT-03 or something similar.
      Due to the amount of thefts lately, I will require a deposit of $1000 before a test ride as well as your license, or I am happy to demonstrate the bike working for you. 
      http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ipswich/motorcycles/suzuki-drz400-e-2010-lams-approved-rego-dual-sport-trail-bike/1165413663?utm_source=com.samsung.android.app.memo&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android