I got a question

Ok, one of my friends bought a 2011 or 2012 TTR 230, it looks nice sharp too, i have a 89 yz 250 two stroke, i wont lie shes seen the ground more times than a drunk at happy hour. But i heard it from another friend that hes talking up his TTR. he says is fast and it can do power wheelies, and now hes starting to look down on my yz, he thinks he can keep pace with me. So next chance i get im going to show him what my bike is capable of, there might be a race, nothing big, only like a drag race from one end of the feild to the other.

So i am 99.9% sure i will win but i like to make it fair, maybe give him a head start. or will it be kinda close with his new bike aginst my old bike.

or would is be so one sided that i shouldnt race him and just let him keep talking

Ok, one of my friends bought a 2011 or 2012 TTR 230, it looks nice sharp too, i have a 89 yz 250 two stroke, i wont lie shes seen the ground more times than a drunk at happy hour. But i heard it from another friend that hes talking up his TTR. he says is fast and it can do power wheelies, and now hes starting to look down on my yz, he thinks he can keep pace with me. So next chance i get im going to show him what my bike is capable of, there might be a race, nothing big, only like a drag race from one end of the feild to the other.

So i am 99.9% sure i will win but i like to make it fair, maybe give him a head start. or will it be kinda close with his new bike aginst my old bike.

or would is be so one sided that i shouldnt race him and just let him keep talking

Instead of a "drag" race, ? , y not see who has the best bike & or riding skill & race on the track or trails :ride: ?

Instead of a "drag" race, ? , y not see who has the best bike & or riding skill & race on the track or trails :ride: ?

Working on building it :D but hes new to riding and i dont know if he hits jumps. this is kinda a "put them in there place deal", he likes to think hes got the best shi. . . crap around.

Working on building it :D but hes new to riding and i dont know if he hits jumps. this is kinda a "put them in there place deal", he likes to think hes got the best shi. . . crap around.

TTR's are designed to be more of a trails bike anyways. NOT saying they can't be used on the track but that's not what they are designed / built for... Anyways, to answer your question, your 250 2t will smoke that 230 4t ANYDAY

Edited by stevekx500

6262, You're kidding us right? This is a gee up, surely. You geed me up ...

A TTR 230 is a bike made for mums. Old mums. Kids should not ride one for fear of being trapped if it falls over. Dad buys one for mum so she can ride around the moto park or trails with the family. It has a flywheel as heavy as one on a Harley, so it wont accelerate too fast. It has so little power because it has so little valve lift, and a pea shooter carbie, but it'll idle forever at 900rpm. The fork springs are super soft, so she can plant her arse way down the back of the seat and front tire still sticks. It also means less jarring of her wrist bracelets. 1st gear is low enough for it to idle up the ramp back into the truck at the end of the day.

Shame on you for comparing a heavy slug of a 4 stroke, to a 2 stroke race bike, in a 2 stroke forum.

I love it at our mini club track with dads who bought a TTR50 or CRF50 look saddened when kids on KTM50s blast past his kid on any part of a mini MX or SX track. If your YZ250 is healhty, it'll be the same deal against your friend's TTR230.

Edited by numroe

my ttr 225 topped out at 75mph not sure of the yz as i didnt get a chance to open it up on the road. make sure the field isn't to long. You will win if he doesn't have time to catch up.

• Like 1

A TTR225 is about 16 hp.

If your YZ is in good running shape it should be 40-ish hp.

As said, it'll only be a race if your bike is super ratted out, or if you are geared really low and it's a LONG race.