Sign in to follow this  

2013 programming options

just bought a new 2013 crf250 and we plan on getting a full rocket exhaust and removing the back fire screen. please advise on best programming options for this bike...im not rich but I want the best adjustability and im not keen on shipping ecu out every other week.......going to be racing mx in socal...tia ...chris.

Vortex makes a really good ECU and it comes with 10 maps that are really pretty good. It allows you to raise the rev limit and to fine tune the fuel delivery via pots for low, mid, and high without removing the ecu.

If you get the software for programming you will have more control than you probably need. First rate product, those Australians are really smart.

Thanks for the replies....vortex sounds good ! Have to look in to that

best bet is to find someone close to you that has the tool. that way theres no need to send it anywhere

Eddies option it's cheaper, you don't need the 10 premap because unless you are a tuning freak (this way you probably don't ask us this question) you won't touch it anymore. The OEM ECM allready be able to be reflash and give you a lot of option.

In the case you want to change your mapping yourself It's still cheaper to buy a HRC tuner kit and buy map from Eddie.

I think he charges $50 if you send it to him with the return shipping included, so $50 plus the cost to ship it to him if you send it in.

Just do it. Braaap.

Edited by Eddie8v
  • Like 1

Maybe with the 450's it would make sense to invest in the tuner so you could "play' with the mappings a bit. i.e. detune it for mud or dry slick, hard hit for sand, etc.

But with the 250's, I see it as you just want max power, all the time. I went the Eddie route, and for $50 it's a steal for what you get. I see no need for the average racer to drop coin on the tuner and play with maps. Unless you just like to tinker. JMO.

Agreed. And if you need a different tune for mud, woods or other slippery stuff, invest in another OEM ECU so that the changes can be made in a matter of minutes in the pits using only hand tools.

In my case I live in Canada and the shipping fee is more important, also we lost the ECM for some week when we ship it to him. So i bought one with a good friend here

I sent my ECM to Eddie with a list of mods and type of fuel being used on my son's 2012 CRF 250 and a check for $50.00. One day turn around and not only does the bike run at its best now but it starts with one kick. Never did that before. I would definitely use him again.

• Like 1

I sent my ECM to Eddie with a list of mods and type of fuel being used on my son's 2012 CRF 250 and a check for $50.00. One day turn around and not only does the bike run at its best now but it starts with one kick. Never did that before. I would definitely use him again.

10-4 that...my sons 13 was a different bike after eddies map...