Sign in to follow this  

how many trail riders here?

Here in Utah , there is such diverse riding . I don't know why anyone would want to ride anywhere else...we have mountains and desert and dunes..what more could you ask for ...we probably have it here :-) to bad i can't ride it more of the time!

Robbers Roost on the other side of the valley opens May 1st. Bell Marsh opens May 15th. This year both have been impassible due to the snow & the cold spring. It's why they are narley & fun. Pretty much steep, with rocks and roots from bottom to top. Just the way I like it!!

I think Bel Marsh will be rideable soon I was going to try Saturday but went around Gibson jack and slate instead it was actually a little dusty at the bottom of Gibson jack but overall awesome. I talked to a few guys that were riding on scout Saturday and its almost ready. But ya great trails around here Bel Marsh is one of my favorites and robbers roost I just wish robbers was longer.

I have been wanting to check out big maple. Do they have lots of land and trails there. I thought it was more of a muddin place for trucks.

There's supposed to be some 50 miles of trails?

Don't know for sure. But I rode for four hours and only did maybe a third of them.

Its tight technical 1st - 3rd gear riding, lot of switchbacks and creek crossings. If jeeps get in there they will leave with no paint left. Low hanging branches etc. Don't want to fly down trails until you are familiar with them. Some trails clear in back are more open for trucks etc. But I never even got back there. You should try it.

Haspin acres is OK but is now $20.00 person and is pretty tore up. I ride there a lot . But big maples is more fun, just not as fast. You can fly at haspin, but will refine your skill at big maple.

I think Bel Marsh will be rideable soon I was going to try Saturday but went around Gibson jack and slate instead it was actually a little dusty at the bottom of Gibson jack but overall awesome. I talked to a few guys that were riding on scout Saturday and its almost ready. But ya great trails around here Bel Marsh is one of my favorites and robbers roost I just wish robbers was longer.

The only way you could make it longer is to go from Pebble Creek over Robbers(through robbers rooster creek), from the campground on the East side around the boundary trail by Lava. End up at the Official Robbers Roost trailhead accross from McCammon, Go over RR a second time. From the campground again head north, cross back over the pass(don"t know what the name is) then head South and end up at Pebble Creek Ski Area. I think you could get 50miles out of the Robbers Roost figure 8. Alot of guys I know just back track back over it when they get to the campground.

The only way you could make it longer is to go from Pebble Creek over Robbers(through robbers rooster creek), from the campground on the East side around the boundary trail by Lava. End up at the Official Robbers Roost trailhead accross from McCammon, Go over RR a second time. From the campground again head north, cross back over the pass(don"t know what the name is) then head South and end up at Pebble Creek Ski Area. I think you could get 50miles out of the Robbers Roost figure 8. Alot of guys I know just back track back over it when they get to the campground.

Please stop with the ID stuff. You're breaking my heart. I moved from a cabin on Buckskin road 20 years ago. I could hike the BLM land east all day and be looking at Pebble Creek across the canyon near Enchon by late afternoon. I didn't ride then. It hurts.

I'm a woods guy. So I like to ride in the woods. Being a native Minnesotan, I like to ride the Paul Bunyan State Forest (here's a link to maps and GPS). I ride there most often. But if it gets a bit soupy. Huntersville (trail map) is about a half an hour away. It's flat and sandy and shrugs off a lot of rain.

I usually make an annual pilgrimage to Utah and Colorado. It's cool to ride there for a week or so to soak in the different stuff they have to offer.

Next year I'll probably have to move to the northeastern US. I have heard about the abundance of trail there. But I have as yet to find anyplace that actually exists. I have heard that the enduro events there require you to ride a plated diesel. I find that creepy. It's just un-American. What if you don't like riding a four stroke? If it's really that bad. I'll just leave bikes in MN and fly and ride for a week or so here and there. I'm retired. I can pull stunts like that. I'm in MN right now on vacation from the Netherlands.

Haspin acres is OK but is now $20.00 person and is pretty tore up. I ride there a lot . But big maples is more fun, just not as fast. You can fly at haspin, but will refine your skill at big maple.

I ride at a very tight single track place here in Dayton. When I get to places like Wayne and Haspen it is a walk in the park. Sounds like Big maple is right up my ally.

anyone know any trail areas near Dutchess County NY? i have a couple places i ride but the more the better!

Canada! The whole country in my riding area, literally out my back door!

Wish I had it that good here!

There's plenty of riding in CA. However, it sounds like some of those other states (and countries) have it better.

Canada! The whole country in my riding area, literally out my back door!

Sounds great!! Now maybe us Americans can invade and take over your country like Mexico is doing to us. :lol:

Ya I have done that before too, done all of boundary and rode robbers both ways and headed north through Inman, I don't know all the correct names of the trails though. My brother in law is who really got me into riding and taught me the trails over there but he just makes up his own names for them. For years when people would talk to me about the trails over there it was pretty confusing until I figured out what he was doing.

depending on the time I have I usually park on the edge of the reservation and ride midnight over to good enough and back, that is a pretty fun loop. I hope to get a fair amount in this weekend.

Please stop with the ID stuff. You're breaking my heart. I moved from a cabin on Buckskin road 20 years ago. I could hike the BLM land east all day and be looking at Pebble Creek across the canyon near Enchon by late afternoon. I didn't ride then. It hurts.

Sorry I really do feel for you, I know some people don't care for the Pocatello area but i really enjoy it.

Hey! I'm currently in south Ohio and have both my bikes here and am struggling to find a place to ride woods that's closer than the Hatfield-McCoy in WV, or the Wayne in eastern Ohio. Where is this magical place of which you speak???

Hey! I'm currently in south Ohio and have both my bikes here and am struggling to find a place to ride woods that's closer than the Hatfield-McCoy in WV, or the Wayne in eastern Ohio. Where is this magical place of which you speak???

Three houses down from hueston woods main entrance on rt 732. Big white sign with black letters. Follow the gravel road back till you see the parking area. They are open Fri sat sun only though, as far as I know. This weekend is a jeep jambory . Will be busy with off road trucks and jeeps.

Edited by ridngslikecrack

Three houses down from hueston woods main entrance on rt 732. Big white sign with black letters. Follow the gravel road back till you see the parking area. They are open Fri sat sun only though, as far as I know. This weekend is a jeep jambory . Will be busy with off road trucks and jeeps.

Thanks. Mapped it. Looks to be west of Cincinnati. About 2.5-3 hours from me. Sucks to be here.

Anywhere within a 2 hour drive of my house! LOL Vedder, Chipmunk, Mcnutt, Merritt, Inks, Duffy, Bear creak.. Gotta love B.C !!

Ontario... gotta love having the ganaraska forest just a few steps past the end of your driveway! great single track and open quad trails... and countless riding spots! :ride:

Edited by younggunz

Wish I had it that good here!

There's plenty of riding in CA. However, it sounds like some of those other states (and countries) have it better.

There used to be tons of awesome singletrack in CA. In the last 15 years however, most of what hasn't been closed is now girly-man quad trails. We still have lots of good singletrack, but the locations and legal status are not to be posted about on the internet. :busted: