Sign in to follow this  

2012 yz250f suspension setup for woods

Hey guys I just picked up a new 12 yz250f and I just recently sold the 450 and man this bike is so sick!!

But I am going to get racing but heres the thing. The bike has about 8 hours on it and man the rear shock is so stiff!! Like I push it down and it comes up so slow but I did mess with the rebound by turning 10 clicks softer and now its feeling like how my 450 felt. But in the woods its not too bad but the forks are a little stiff. Its deflecting off roots. I will be sending my suspension out to factory connection but for now I would like to know how to tune my own suspension.

Now is there anything you guys recomend? I dont really know how to adjust my forks and shock right now but im hoping I can learn feom the experts

Alex

Thanks guys! And btw I am 185lbs and about 5'6 and Im about a c or b rider

For the rear check your Race sag. As it to 100 mm. There are a lot of good threads on here if u need help. There is also a sticky on how to adjust your suspension properly. He best way to Learn is to keep changing your clicker settings, go in ride go out ride. 3 clicks at a time. Here is also a good troubleshooting guide in the tuning section of your Yamaha service manual

New suspension can take some time to break in, but at 8 hours you should be through that. I wouldn't send your susp out until you fully experimented with all combinations of your clickers. Learn how they work and what each does first

Edited by NitrousR1