Best coolant?

Sometimes you can find it premixed

Yes you can and its very handy and easy but if your are going to mix it is best to use distilled water. In a pinch I have used creek water before. The brand I use the most is peak concentrated green antifreeze I think it's good as anything else and readily available to me.

What I was getting at was that all the fancy new coolants are in my opinion a scam. I tried engine ice for about a year in a 450 and I don't think it made any difference. Go green

Yes you can and its very handy and easy but if your are going to mix it is best to use distilled water. In a pinch I have used creek water before. The brand I use the most is peak concentrated green antifreeze I think it's good as anything else and readily available to me.

What I was getting at was that all the fancy new coolants are in my opinion a scam. I tried engine ice for about a year in a 450 and I don't think it made any difference. Go green

Premixed coolant is premixed with distilled water. I have also used creek water in the radiators with the premixed in there. I flushed it out when I got home and put some new premixed BMW coolant in.

IMO Evans is in a whole different league to any other coolant, it's a no brainer if you're a woods rider/ racer,

Engine Ice if you're lucky is good for a few degrees cooler temps, not really a deal breaker by any stretch. If you ride tight terrain you will still boil, have hot spots from air pockets boiling, and lose coolant. In a race or long trail; ride this viscous cycle continues untill you are too low on coolant and now you have real issues.

Evans is not going to boil on you. No hot spots from air bubbles, no loss of coolant, no high pressure bursting hoses, seals, or beat up Rads. You will get through the nasty's unscathed to a faster section and coolant temps will return to normal. The big thing is your cooling system will ALWAYS be working to max efficiency and no coolant is lost..

• Like 1

Good point.

Water is a better coolant than any antifreeze, or Engine ice, etc. So increasing the water ratio beyond 50% to 75-85% will improve cooling and raise freezing temp, but I don't ride when it is that cold.

When water boils it absorbs a great amount of heat which helps protect the engine, a pressure caps moves the boiling temp up to about 250F.

As discussed in other TT forums the limitation to cooling dirt bikes is air flow thru the radiators, just add a fan.

IMO Evans is in a whole different league to any other coolant, it's a no brainer if you're a woods rider/ racer,

Engine Ice if you're lucky is good for a few degrees cooler temps, not really a deal breaker by any stretch. If you ride tight terrain you will still boil, have hot spots from air pockets boiling, and lose coolant. In a race or long trail; ride this viscous cycle continues untill you are too low on coolant and now you have real issues.

Evans is not going to boil on you. No hot spots from air bubbles, no loss of coolant, no high pressure bursting hoses, seals, or beat up Rads. You will get through the nasty's unscathed to a faster section and coolant temps will return to normal. The big thing is your cooling system will ALWAYS be working to max efficiency and no coolant is lost..

You know I believe you're right but I just don't like the higher temps that evans and others like it run... Everything else means the extraordinary measures I've been doing with my bikes.. and sometimes even then it isn't enough... I'm stubborn so I've gone the more difficult road with big rads, boyesen waterpumps, phathead coolheads,fans inline coolers , overflow tanks , high press caps and a flock of different coolants.. just using some evans would have handled things right off ... It just would run a bit hotter sometimes.