Gun Boot

Can you send more pics of that gun boot? I've been wanting to do that exact thing to my bike so I can ride to my trap league, but I didn't know if/how it would work.

Stretch44 asked for more info on my gun boot install, so here goes:

I put a Kolpin Gun Boot® 5.0 Impact on my rear rack

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

The only issue I see is that when the boot is on the bike and a rifle is loaded it puts a lot of torque on the rear rack and subframe, so I am going to put a large hose clamp on the lower end of the boot where it comes in contact with the side rack.

IMG_0988.jpg

• Like 1

Shoot !! ( pardon the pun )

If you did that here ( down under ) , you would be shut down real quick .

So why can some states have guns and others can't ? ... Same country :excuseme:

Because each state can make their own gun laws. I live in New Jersey and gun restrictions are about as harsh as they come here. All the "evil" accessories for guns (flash hider, collapsible stock, removable magazines, pistol grip) count towards making a gun illegal if there are two or more of those things present. The flash hider and bayonet lugs are not allowed in any case. Right now the US government is capaigning really hard against guns effectively trying to repeal our 2nd amendment because of that kid who shot up a school recently with his mom's legally purchased guns. I believe Australia tried something like what the US is doing now by having all the honest gun owners turn in their weapons and crime rose something like 50% over night correct? Somehow the politicians don't understand that laws only affect the honest person.

• Like 1

Good Question !

• Like 1

Some states think they are above the constitution, like the state I live in. Mostly comes down to how many liberals are in office where you live, they like stopping people from having fun.

Some states think they are above the constitution, like the state I live in. Mostly comes down to how many liberals are in office where you live, they like stopping people from having fun.

Pretty much this. If the Progressive Democrats have a majority, they will pass as many anti-gun laws as they can. It has been proven over and over the last 6 months. Facts are lost on them,,,

Nice mod! Funny that this was posted, I saw a guy at trap last week that showed up with his gun bungee tied to the back of his Harley and it got me thinking about how I could do this with my DRZ. Last year I saw a gun tied down between the handlebars and wind shield (also on a HD) while out shooting sporting clays. Seemed like sketchy set up in regards to interfering with controls and having the gun secure enough that it wouldn't fall off while riding.

Edited by supermotoxray

I believe Australia tried something like what the US is doing now by having all the honest gun owners turn in their weapons and crime rose something like 50% over night correct?

Actually, crime rates dropped significantly as did suicide and accidental death rates. I grew up on a farm and was outraged by the gun control laws being introduced to Australia but the stats have proven themselves beyond question over the 20 (ish) years that followed.....

Actually, crime rates dropped significantly as did suicide and accidental death rates. I grew up on a farm and was outraged by the gun control laws being introduced to Australia but the stats have proven themselves beyond question over the 20 (ish) years that followed.....

Eh, you can't believe everything a gun nut tells you. It's a damn good thing that the restrictions have benefit the country. I wonder why all of NJ's gun restrictions can't stop Camden from being the murder capital. Probably because not one of the guns used is legally purchased and probably not even purchased in state. Maybe the anti gun fanatics will come out the hero in the end.

• Like 1

Eh, you can't believe everything a gun nut tells you. It's a damn good thing that the restrictions have benefit the country. I wonder why all of NJ's gun restrictions can't stop Camden from being the murder capital. Probably because not one of the guns used is legally purchased and probably not even purchased in state. Maybe the anti gun fanatics will come out the hero in the end.

To be honest Zoidberg, I don't think Australia (or almost any country outside the US for that matter) is a good reference point when it comes to gun control. It is a different mindset / culture and America has had such freedom regarding gun laws that it would be a case of "shutting the gate after the horse has bolted"

Even before the tougher gun laws were introduced to Oz we had pretty tight gun laws. In my life time I can not remember fully automatic riffles and hand guns being legal and readily available. They were always for the exclusive use of military, law enforcement and club shooters.

As a kid I could not even purchase air rifle pellets (BB gun) without an adult present.

America seems to be still hanging on to their "wild west" culture and quoting amendments that allow them to arm themselves against their own governing bodies, this mindset to most people outside of the States - is unfathomable. I certainly wouldn't be giving up my right to bare arms if I believed I might one day need to stand against the greatest military force on Earth....

Guns or no guns, there will always be crime. Someone held up my local bakery with a screwdriver last week, the good news is - nobody died. Gun control is obviously working in Oz if some silly punk thinks they can get away with robbing a shop with a screwdriver !!

• Like 1

To be honest Zoidberg, I don't think Australia (or almost any country outside the US for that matter) is a good reference point when it comes to gun control. It is a different mindset / culture and America has had such freedom regarding gun laws that it would be a case of "shutting the gate after the horse has bolted"

Even before the tougher gun laws were introduced to Oz we had pretty tight gun laws. In my life time I can not remember fully automatic riffles and hand guns being legal and readily available. They were always for the exclusive use of military, law enforcement and club shooters.

As a kid I could not even purchase air rifle pellets (BB gun) without an adult present.

America seems to be still hanging on to their "wild west" culture and quoting amendments that allow them to arm themselves against their own governing bodies, this mindset to most people outside of the States - is unfathomable. I certainly wouldn't be giving up my right to bare arms if I believed I might one day need to stand against the greatest military force on Earth....

Guns or no guns, there will always be crime. Someone held up my local bakery with a screwdriver last week, the good news is - nobody died. Gun control is obviously working in Oz if some silly punk thinks they can get away with robbing a shop with a screwdriver !!

Here in NJ you can't buy BB guns if you are a youngin or at least you aren't supposed too be able to. Flea markets bend the rules sometimes. You can actually be charged for illegal discharging a firearm if you fire a bb gun outside of a sanctioned firing range. I really haven't paid a ton of attention to what gun controls are expected to be put in place but I do know that if you live next door in Pennsylvania you can go into a gun shop and walk out with a gun. If it's a rifle you fill out one paper. If it's a hand gun you fill out two so I definitely agree that we've had it easy in the gun control department. Just like the natural warming and cooling trends of the earth gun control comes and goes just on a shorter cycle. Do they give you hell for firing outside of ranges in Australia?