Hey everybody, I apologize in advance for any stupid questions i have very little experience with electrical wiring.

I've been trying all day to figure out the electrical part of the install of the tail light. Ive gotten both set of wires cut striped and ready. But the instructions that where sent are horrible and just say Cut stock wires and connect to tail light using the terminal set. with no pictures or anything else said.

Its basically left me with this

tumblr_mnl83uITrf1qk851qo1_1280.jpg

The terminal set they speak of has 3 sets of 4 matching pieces.

tumblr_mnl83uITrf1qk851qo2_1280.jpg

I was wondering if any one could give advice or link me to a tutorial to show me how these are supposed to be wired together. Thanks.

Edited by Wanderlustking

No silly questions man, here you go...

Black --> Green

Yellow --> Green w/yellow stripe

Red --> Black

I don't use those push on connectors, I like to solder em, then at least wrap with electrical tape... good to also shrink wrap too.

?

I fully agree with slolane on solder and heat shrink, especially if the bike will be going off road or in rain at all. Those push on connectors can allow mud and water to get onto the wire causing corrosion and eventually weak connections, and myself personally I wouldn't want a weak connection on my brake light. If you have never tried soldering there are a lot of videos out there like this one

that give good info. Also if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, that's what we are all here for.
  • Like 3

No silly questions man, here you go...

Black --> Green

Yellow --> Green w/yellow stripe

Red --> Black

I don't use those push on connectors, I like to solder em, then at least wrap with electrical tape... good to also shrink wrap too.

?

Good and old fashion? You shoulda seen the wiring on my 03 no connectors there :eek:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I am also having problems.  Except, I got the flashers that came with the Edge taillight.  There are no instructions on where the red and black flasher wires go into the motorcycle harness.  I tried the corresponding wires and hooked the black to the ground, and nothing happened.  Front flashers blinked very fast, rear flashers didn't work.

I am also having problems.  Except, I got the flashers that came with the Edge taillight.  There are no instructions on where the red and black flasher wires go into the motorcycle harness.  I tried the corresponding wires and hooked the black to the ground, and nothing happened.  Front flashers blinked very fast, rear flashers didn't work.

Trace the stock wires for your stock blinkers until you get to the connector. This is where you want to connect the wires from the DRC LED Flashers.  Try connecting the wires the opposite way you have them.  All four of the flashers should operate,they will flash at a higher rate than the stock ones. I like them flashing a little fast, I think they "attract" attention. If you want to slow them down, you can get a IC relay. It installs easily, and will do all four flashers.

Fg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Trace the stock wires for your stock blinkers until you get to the connector. This is where you want to connect the wires from the DRC LED Flashers.  Try connecting the wires the opposite way you have them.  All four of the flashers should operate,they will flash at a higher rate than the stock ones. I like them flashing a little fast, I think they "attract" attention. If you want to slow them down, you can get a IC relay. It installs easily, and will do all four flashers.

Fg

Hey I'm pretty stuck here. No turn signals blink. When I switched out the back everything worked fine. When I went to switch out the front nothing worked included the brighter illumination for the brake light. I need help!!!

Hey I'm pretty stuck here. No turn signals blink. When I switched out the back everything worked fine. When I went to switch out the front nothing worked included the brighter illumination for the brake light. I need help!!!

I think the guys at srmoto.com had a similar issue, something about the new signals being LED causing a problem. 

http://www.honda-crf250l.com/crf250l-tail-light/

I have front and rear blinkers,and an Edge tail light  connected on a CRF250L, everything works fine.  ( blinkers flash faster) I did not use any resisters,or,an IC Relay. The blinkers should not affect your tail light. I can't remember if there is a third wire for running lights up-front or not. If there is, you do not need  to connect it to anything.

Here is a link to a wiring diagram to see if there is a third wire,and which one it is.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwmYWlzMWkPhcHk3ZF81ejR6LWs/edit?pli=1

• Like 1

I have front and rear blinkers,and an Edge tail light  connected on a CRF250L, everything works fine.  ( blinkers flash faster) I did not use any resisters,or,an IC Relay. The blinkers should not affect your tail light. I can't remember if there is a third wire for running lights up-front or not. If there is, you do not need  to connect it to anything.

Here is a link to a wiring diagram to see if there is a third wire,and which one it is.

I wonder if its because I have a yoshimura fender kit. Does anybody know if that makes a difference?

I have front and rear blinkers,and an Edge tail light connected on a CRF250L, everything works fine. ( blinkers flash faster) I did not use any resisters,or,an IC Relay. The blinkers should not affect your tail light. I can't remember if there is a third wire for running lights up-front or not. If there is, you do not need to connect it to anything.

Funny because the lights will only work when both the solid and the striped wires are attached. Additionally, when i switch the blinker on the side i selected goes out and the opposite side remains on. When either wire (striped or solid) are attached alone the flashers do not function at all...........grrrrrrr. I'm not sure why but my brake light stays on the "High" illumination as well. In other words the brake light does not get brighter when the peddle is depressed. Edited by Steins808

• 4 weeks later...

For DRC tail light this is what fiber glass can do to protect from mud sling.

Any thought of making more of the fiber glass housing and selling them? Not sure how simple it would be to mount up, but I would be interested. Any more details on what/how you did it would be great.

Any thought of making more of the fiber glass housing and selling them? Not sure how simple it would be to mount up, but I would be interested. Any more details on what/how you did it would be great.

Sorry I don't have the time to do it myself, but guys in the fiber business in your place can surely do it for you.