Sign in to follow this  

Magnetic graphics for a van?

Got a new motovan. I took off all the stickers so when Im staying at hotels its less obvious i have a $8,000 bike in the back. Now it looks kind like a rape van. I was thinking maybe if somehow I could get a few big magnetic fox stickers, my numbers, or something it wouldnt look like a rape van, and then when I stay at a hotel I could simply take them off at night. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know where I could get some magnetic graphics made?

I know someone who did that a while ago. It works fine. Or put some nice rims and faux-carbon fiber on the hood. It will look like a race van.

• Like 1

Buy a sheet of magnetic stuff. Put stickers on cut out. Did this for fridge magnets years ago with the kid. I'm sure you can get bigger sheets of it. Happy stickering!

Buy a sheet of magnetic stuff. Put stickers on cut out. Did this for fridge magnets years ago with the kid. I'm sure you can get bigger sheets of it. Happy stickering!

You are a genious!!!

Now to find a place that sells a sheet of magnetic stuff

I know someone who did that a while ago. It works fine. Or put some nice rims and faux-carbon fiber on the hood. It will look like a race van.

I was going to get some rims, but then if someone is cruising hotels near a track looking for bikes, they will surely guess that I have bikes. I really want some rims, I just dont know.

Maybe I could do rims. Then get a magnetic sticker of some sort that would make you think the van is not a motovan. Like throw a big magnetic sticker for the Naitonal Guard with a 1-800 number on each side, then thieves would possibly think its just a van used for promoting events, and has nothing in it....

The only thing moto related on the outside now is a FMF sticker in place of the ford emplem on the front

• Like 1

Maybe I could do rims. Then get a magnetic sticker of some sort that would make you think the van is not a motovan. Like throw a big magnetic sticker for the Naitonal Guard with a 1-800 number on each side, then thieves would possibly think its just a van used for promoting events, and has nothing in it....

"Oceantrav construction and plumbing"

I was going to get some rims, but then if someone is cruising hotels near a track looking for bikes, they will surely guess that I have bikes. I really want some rims, I just dont know.

The only thing moto related on the outside now is a FMF sticker in place of the ford emplem on the front

You could put a sticker on the back that says, "I'm watching you".

If it's black, I'd definitely get a big CIA sticker and black out the windows. Maybe find a non-working cctv camera to stick to the outside of it :smirk:

What about rigging the inside so you can put a padlock on the cargo doors?

• Like 1

"Oceantrav construction and plumbing"

That could be dangerous too. If i had a construction logo on the side, people may break in the van thinking I have expensive tools. Then hit the jack pot!

That could be dangerous too. If i had a construction logo on the side, people may break in the van thinking I have expensive tools. Then hit the jack pot!

idk man, I've read a lot of people saying to do that with enclosed trailers and stuff. It's your van though so whatever you feel comfortable with.

OCEANTRAV SECURITY

"Delivering burst of 3 to 5 shots at a time"

"Dirty Harry Style"

• Like 1

"Ocean's Bio-Waste Transportation and Disposal"

magnetic sheeting-http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Magnet-Adhesive-Length-rolled/dp/B005HY990G

Edited by Chickenhauler

Put a sticker like this on the side. Guaranteed to make thieves think twice before attempting to steal. :lol:

logo-smith-wesson.jpg

To me that says I have guns in here to steal.

Edited by SPLATT
  • Like 1

Or how about no decals/magnetic decals? Maybe a car security alarm installed w/ the mfg's sticker on window like most cars/houses get?

• Like 1

So I went to walmart and bought a 3 pack of magnetic sheets, then I placed about 10 different moto stickers on them and cut them out and stuck them to my van. After about 60 miles all but one of them blew off. I guess I need to get the thicker sheets.....

So I went to walmart and bought a 3 pack of magnetic sheets, then I placed about 10 different moto stickers on them and cut them out and stuck them to my van. After about 60 miles all but one of them blew off. I guess I need to get the thicker sheets.....

I don't know what the thickness is on my cousin's business magnet's for his PU truck, but they don't come off. In fact, they're a PITA to get off. Very thick, almost like a slab of cardboard with lettering on it.

do you really need to advertise whats inside at all?

A friends bike was stolen and when they caught the guy he said he followed him home after seeing the stickers on his truck then came bake and stole the bike later.