Sign in to follow this  

Who uses Rotella oil

I know this is a big topic, but just curious as to who uses rotella regular oil in their FI 450's? Ive been running it in my 05 450 for 2 years now with no issues. I change the oil after every ride, and oil filter is changed every other ride. Im picking up a 2011 today and was wondering if I will still be fine with running non synthetic rotella 15w-40 still while changing it every ride. Any feedback?

Thanks

-Adam

• Like 1

I run it in my 2012 rmz 450 and our 2009 150rb been doing it for over a year and all is good.

Have used it in all my bikes since `06, never a problem.

• Like 1

I don't need to stir up conversation on an oil topic of all things, but most oils do not break down enough after one ride to require changing. If you are interested, send off a sample to Blackstone, or Cashman Equipment, they are who I use for analyst. This way you are sure that you aren't wasting oil, or money, while at the same time you aren't endangering your engine either. They will help you to develop an appropriate oil change interval. Just my two cents!

• Like 1

Great advice. Using it since 04 (first four stroke) with no problems.

Change it every 5 hours. Doesnt shear and the bikes shift good.

Its a fantastic diesel oil...think of how high the temps are in diesel engines. Great oil. Research it.

Edited by mikerides33
  • Like 1

I use it in everything I own, bikes (dirt and street), lawn mower, car, truck, equipment...Works great. No problems whatsoever, pus its cheap.

• Like 1

I use it in everything I own, bikes (dirt and street), lawn mower, car, truck, equipment...Works great. No problems whatsoever, pus its cheap.

X2

I know this is a big topic, but just curious as to who uses rotella regular oil in their FI 450's? Ive been running it in my 05 450 for 2 years now with no issues. I change the oil after every ride, and oil filter is changed every other ride. Im picking up a 2011 today and was wondering if I will still be fine with running non synthetic rotella 15w-40 still while changing it every ride. Any feedback?

Thanks

-Adam

You have a beautiful name there buddy,

Shell rotella Triple protection, it meets the jaso dh2/ma requirements so it is wet clutch safe, and it does a great job lubricating the motor. Dont hesitate to use it great stuff