double exhaust

They are a marketing gimmick for sure. I understand quieter, but my thought on that is exhaust gasses, like electricity, take the path of least resistance. I would think with more restriction on the silencer section, it would choke it up, too. I have had a chance to see a crf 450r (not ride one though, they don't really intrigue me) and the exit on the silencer is SO SMALL! I guess that is one way that they equal the flow to a single silencer system. Those stock silencers would use 2 stroke silencer plugs, they are that small. Plus, the single silencer full system from procircuit, amongst other companies, are knocking about three pounds off the bike by going with one silencer.

Edited by screnshaw400

the 2014 250r will have dual exhaust as well. I was gonna convert mine to single but the cost of doing it right isnt justified and the duals with aftermarket exhaust looks good and sounds good

I went back and forth with slip-on silencers and they did not so anything. In fact I thought the bike ran worse with them. Then I bought a full single system. Wow what a difference. Don't waste money a slip on. The duals was and is an attempt to center the mass of the bike, not sure if it the average rider could tell the difference